Chapter 18

I woke up to a little body snuggling closer to me, and a strong arm tightening it's grasp on me. I open my eyes and look down to see Skylynn asleep snuggled up into me. I tried to get up but Shawn had too strong of a grasp on me. 

"Babe, i have to go pee." I whispered. He laughed with his eyes still closed. "You can hold it." Really? "Yes, i can hold it, but i'd rather get the pee out of my body!" I yelled a little waking Skylynn. She looked up at me then got up and laid back down on me.

"I'm scared." She whispered. "Why are you scared?" I asked softly as i rubbed her little back. "I had a scary dream." "Aw, Sky." I hugged her tighter. We just laid there cuddling until the door slowly opened.

Since I couldn't see anyone i'm guessing it was Nolan. Yup. He walked over to my bed while rubbing his eyes and yawn, then climbed up and snuggled next to me. 

"I'm hungry." Nolan said and poked Skylynn making her giggle. Soon enough Shawn loosened his grip on my and I got up and took the two little kids down stairs to eat. "What do you want?" "Waffles!" They both cheered.

I laughed then grabbed the waffle maker out of the cabinet. I plugged it in, then looked around the kitchen for everything I needed to make the waffles.

Once I had everything, i poured the ingredients in a big bowl and mixed them together. And of course i'm related to Benjamin Hayes Grier, and he decided to jump on my back, which caused be to fall backwards and spill the waffle batter all over both of us.

"Benjamin!" I whined "Renee!" "That's my middle name." "I know, but you used a name i don't like, so i used one you didn't like." I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Now you have to make waffles for the 3 and 6 year olds." I said then ran up stairs to get cleaned up. I walked into my room and Shawn laughed. "What happened?" "My brother happened." 

"You have 4 that are capable of that so be more specific(<- Tbh i can never pronounce this word...it's too hard.)." "Hayes did it." "Oh...sorry." "Mhm." I grabbed a clean shirt and shorts then went into the bathroom to change. 

"You know you don't have to change in the bathroom right?" Shawn said. "Shawn!" "What?" "You know what!" "Yeah." He's such a dork. I opened the door and walked out of my room without even looking at him.

"Babeee!" He whined as he chased me down the stairs. "No!!!" I yelled as he tried to grab a hold of my wrist. I opened the front door and raced down the street. I looked behind me to see if he was still chasing me. Which he was, then I tripped over something and fell down in someone's yard.

"Ow." I yelped in pain as I pulled my leg closer to my body to see blood dripping down it. "Are you okay?" Some guy asked running out of the house. (Boy in media if it shows it.)

"Yeah, i'm fine." "No, you're not, your knee is bleeding." "Yeah, but i'm use to it, I have 2 older brothers, a twin and 3 younger siblings, i'm always getting hurt around them." i said looking up at the boy.

"A pretty girl fell and hurt herself in my yard, the least I could do is help her." He said and gave me a genuine smile. I smiled back as he stood up and ran back into his house. I looked over at a tree that's in the people next door to this kid's yard to see Shawn leaning against it staring at me.

He wasn't even mad, he was actually smiling...weird. The boy soon came back with a damp towel and band-aid. He cleaned the cut and all of the blood dripping down my leg then covered the cut with a band-aid.

"So do you live around here?" He asked as he finished putting the band-aid on my knee. "Yeah, i live 3 houses down." "Are your younger siblings like 1 month, 3, and 6?" "Yup, Decklan, Nolan, and Skylynn."