It was wild and long as a wolf, just like it was last night when I met Travis.

His touch was something I wasn't used to. My wolf was always cautious and never let me get too close. Whenever I touched him if feel this warm tingly sensation spread throughout my body... But when I got to hold Travis' hand or be flush up against him in my bed, with his arms around my waist... it was another feeling all together.

It was like nothing else mattered. His touch was the only thing I needed to survive.

It was hot and cold, and electric all at once. Like fireworks were exploding in my veins.

At first it was almost too much to so handle. At first I thought it was just a shock, or static.

But it never went away. Holding his hand through my house. Laying next to him in bed.

That rapturous state of bliss I felt when our skin was touching was something beyond incredible...

*ring ring*

Ugh.

*ring ring*

Nooo. Too early for speaking. I just wanted to continue daydreaming of Travis...

*ring ring*

I looked at the caller ID.

*ring ring*

Mia.

I sighed. "Uhh hello?" I said, still groggy from only being awake for a few minutes.

"Did I wake you?" She asked.

"No, no. I was getting up. Just laying in bed thinking." I replied.

"Your always thinking. You and your thoughts Krys. So whatcha thinking about?" Mia asked.

"Nothing in particular. Just about life and things." I lied.

"Sooo. What happened last night? When you guys left Dom came inside with a bloody nose and arm and was cursing up a storm. What the fúck happened with you two out there?"

"Well... he started to apologize for acting like a shíthead at the club, and then he tried to kiss me. So I punched him in the nose... and then he grabbed arm telling me I owed him favors for making people notice me or something, and he pulled me close and I swear I thought he'd rape me."

"But then what happened? How did he get that bloody arm?"

"Ohh. Well a wolf came out of the woods and tackled him off of me and bit his arm." I said simply, like it was no big deal.

"WHAT!!!???" She screamed.

I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Owww. Yeah that's what happened." I said.

"Where the fúck did the wolf come from? And why didn't it bite you? Do you think it knew you were being attacked and we're in danger? And was saving you? Shit. No. That can't be. Wolves can't decipher things like that."

I could tell Mia was confused by my explanation of my wolf saving me, but she didn't want to believe that a wolf could understand humans.

"Yes Mia. I do think the wolf knew I was being attacked. And that's why he attacked Dom, and not me. Because I tried to shoo him off of Dom and he just stopped and looked at me, and then ran back into the woods."

"Shit Krystal. That's fúcking crazy. I didn't think there were even wolves that far into town. That's scary as hell. Were you scared? I'd be shítting my pants. Oh my god."