Going public

Nicki pov: today was the Grammy awards and sure enough Shantae was ignoring every single call and text I sent her. I even came over to her house and she did not answer the door. At this point I was frustrated because I wasn't to comfortable with the press knowing my personal life so I kept the divorce a secret. Sense Shawn decided to ignore me we were not arriving together with the kids and that was for sure going to give the media a story. Thank god all the kids came along even arevaya. That might make it a little easier to tell a lie. "You guys ready?" I ask as we all stand in the living room dressed to the max. "Yes!" They all reply and we walk outside to our limo. The ride there was super silent the kids were so upset with me the didn't say not one word. My mother had vanae and tamieas twins with her so pretty much I was a loner. All I could think about though was Shawn. "So how come your girlfriend didn't come?" Brandy ask. "Because it's too much for the media she's coming just not with us!" I say looking at my phone. "I hate her!" Dawn says looking at Brandy. "That makes 2 of us!" Brandy says looking out the tented window. I get kind of annoyed by both their smart comments so I try texting Shawn again. "Hey will you please talk to me?" I was surprised when she finally responded. "No we have nothing to talk about! If we didn't have kids id tell you to fuck off and lose my number! Go away onika!!!!" Seeing that text made me a little upset but no to much. "Why can't we just work something out?" I respond. "Thats what Chyna is for ! Work things out with her!" The text says. That last one kind of hurt my feelings so I gave up and stopped texting her. " once we had arrived to the awards show people repeatedly asked where Shawn was and I kept silent. A few hours into the show they had announced the winners for best female mc. I had one the Grammy of corse because I really had no competition. Seemed like nobody else was really on my level. My son Donovan had walked up on stage with me to accept my Grammy. "Hey everyone! Is like to say thank you for this amazing reward and thank you to all my fans that have been supporting me! I'd also like to thank my best friends for always having my back and enjoying this crazy ride with me. Last but not least I really want to thank my mother and especially my beautiful children! Tamiea , arevaya , Vera , Brandy, Dawna , and Donavan!" I say hugging him on stage as the crowed cheers. "You guys know I can't forget my youngest she's back at home with my mother tonight with a cold , I love you laylah vanae! Thank you!" I say walking away from the mic. "Mom did you really just shade mom like that?" Donovan ask me as we walk back Stage. "What you mean?" I ask him as the press come asking questions. "Hey Nicki where is your wife tonight?, I heard you too been in a couple of fights with a few people!" The press ask flashing cameras holding tons of Mics in my face. "Oh yeah she's not the one to be played with! " I say laughing. "We here your pregnant you and Shawn having another child?" They ask. "Maybe!" I respond trying to hold back as much info as possible. Donovan and I walk back to our seats still being questioned. "So how come you didn't thank her tonight? She's not here to support you did you guys brake up?" The man ask . "No!" I say quickly. "Your still in love?" They ask "Yes!ill always love her!" I say as they finally let us sit down. I regret not saying anything because the very next day it was all over the media that we had divorced and apparently I told some people that she wasn't the one. Which I had never said. There was also articles stating I had been pregnant by Shawn and was asked if we had broken up ! The article said I had responded with yes! And was also asked if I still loves her and responded no!. None of  the that stuff was true but Shawn thought it was due to the fact that I didn't thank her. I'm sitting on my bed talking to Shawn on the phone while the kids are out with Chyna.
Phone call:::
Nicki: "you know I'd never say that Shawn!"

Shawn: "actually I don't!  I'm not even sure who you are now onika. You didn't even thank me for supporting you! Then you go and tell people you don't love me! And the baby's not even mine! You lied and told them it was so you wouldn't look dumb!"

Nicki: "no I didn't I said maybe!! So I wouldn't look dumb! But I'm sorry I didn't thank you! I didn't know what to say! I can't say I'd like to thank my wife... I was put on the spot. "