Falling

Chapter 26: Falling

*

Harry's Pov:

Here I sat cradling Ariana in hands, lost in thoughts, while the hem of my shirt is gripped tight in her palm. It pains me to see her in this kind state, but this makes me wonder more about what her atrocious dream was about. I've never seen a girl this terrified before - a nightmare being the cause.

My back straining from the position we were settled, I moved my body along with Ariana - which is positioned on my lap - further back, resting my back on the headboard of the couch. In the process of moving, I felt Ariana clasp firmer, her warmth growing near.

A low creek from the couch made both her hands hung over my shoulder once again, her warm breath hitting my neck and her nose brushing my collar.

"Shh it's okay."

Minutes of not responding, her hold on my shoulder fell and soon her light snores were filling the silence in the remained mellow room.

Finally concluding my thoughts, I slowly removed one of her leg, which was wrapped securely around my waist, to face the left side, along with her left leg, so she was in a proper sitting position.

Before her head fell on the couch, I grabbed hold of her neck, lifting it up near my face; red locks of her hair covering her face. Soon enough my hand slowly swept away the strands revealing her smudged mascara, her throbbing bottom lip the result of her biting it down; these being an evidence of her broken self. Her features were no longer scrunched from crying. It was gentle and calm.

Sighing to myself, I laid my left arm under her legs and my opposite arm on her back for support. I lifted her petite body towards the hall, not bothering into turning in the lights, the moonlight from the window being my light supply.

Going up the staircase, I caught a sight of a bed, through an opened door on the left side of the hallway. Trudging Ariana's body with me, I slowly made my way being careful with steps, not wanting to startle and wake her from a sound.

Sliding through the little spaced door, I stood next to the bed staring at it for awhile wanting Ariana to be secured in my touch, but I knew I couldn't. I easily placed her on the bed, not wanting for her to rouse up. Kneeling down to face her, I carefully slid off the duvet she laid on top off and tucked it on top of her midway to her stomach.

My hand stayed in place on the duvet, while I faced the wrecked girl that lies after me. Somehow deep inside I wanted her to wake up, asking me to stay with her, to comfort her, lay down beside her until it was sunrise.

I didn't know I was smiling until I felt my cheeks grow tired from adorning her beautiful features. She was truly beautiful.

Checking at the time, it was already 19:49, which meant I had to leave her but, I didn't want to. I want to shelter her even though I was in no authority to do so.

I am as confused as ever. I am still confused at the moment.

Leaning down to her face, I planted a longing peck on her forehead. I released my lips from her temple and began standing up, my fingertips vaguely brushing the soft skin of her arm. But something sudden happened that I grew curious on, not expecting for her to react at a mere brush. She flinched.

My eyebrows frowning in suspicion, I narrowed my eyes, the little sources of light not enough for me to have a clear picture of her arm.

My lips parted at four replicated fingers bruised on her arm. It was still red meaning that it was just fresh. Leaning down to her level once again, my index finger slowly combing the wound, I grew furious on whoever laid a finger on her.