Afraid

Chapter 22: Afraid

*

Ariana's Pov:

Have you ever longed to escape somewhere although had no idea how to do so? Well I do. Only 4 hours in work and I was already irritated. Can you blame me? Putting up with juvenile perverted boys adding their flirtatious act towards me for half an hour is a huge headache. They thought of me as one of those girls desperate to go with them and desire their charms. I for one was different.

"Are your feet tired?" the blonde had attempted one of his pick up lines again, which amused me that he hadn't taken the hint. Remaining my silence, occupying myself by organizing the already fixed cups and the polished table, he continued, "Because you have been running in my head all day."

"Babe sorry for him," The brunette, who has not yet spoken, interrupted his friend's failed effort.

Sudden warmth enveloped my hand and I was quick to pull away, uncomfortable at his touch.

"Don't call me babe," I sneered at his choice of name. His cold icy azures reflected back at my not too light auburn eyes, adding a smirk at which made me cold on my spot, realizing that I have finally acknowledge them by talking. I was nervous.

Couldn't you see it by my uneven breathing? I was already praying inside, my sudden phobia of getting hurt or abused showing.

The sudden creak of the door diverted their attention. They're attention at the door - wanting to know who had step foot - I drew a cross on my torso; looking up to the ceiling and whispering "Thank you," as he did followed my prayers.

A smile was fast to find their way on my lips knowing that some other was accompanying me, along with the delinquents. Still had no known of whom it was, the two boys blocking my sight, I tiptoed above their heads getting a glimpse on which it was but was no use, since my height was still too undersized. Soon later, the two boys excused and my smile soon faded in sight of who it was.

Getting closer to the countertop, his eyes not yet seen my own, it being hooked on his phone, I sighed remembering my duty.

"Hello sir may I take your order?" my attitude in a disguise of joy.

"Um yes I would like to ha-"locking his phone, he was now rapt seeing me serving him but as I suspected his face soon replaced a tedious air.

"I would like to have Chai Tea Latte," He brusquely replied his charming tone, before seeing me, long faded. I nodded acknowledging and took my time writing his order, although he was the only one I have to serve right this moment.

"My name is-"

"I know you're name," I was one to cut him off, already having an idea of his name from the last time we gotten introduced and the last time I thought I will see him again, not pleased what he had said before.

I had grabbed a Styrofoam cup from the cupboard and started initialing, with a sharpie, LOUIS in huge lettering on the side.

-

Three minutes, or so, passed and I finally finished the drink.

"Louis!" I called out not too loud, the place quiet, the crooks leaving as soon as Louis walked in, which was much in my relief until I remember that I was now with Louis - The guy that seemed to hate me ever since laying his eyes on me. You know why? I don't know either.

Stepping up from the table he sat, he was gentle to take the drink in my hand and started rummaging through his wallet. "That'll be € 4.95." He handed me € 5 and the door was his finish line as he looks at it intently. I was in a process of mind whether to bother him but my hand was faster than my intellect, comprehending that it was set on his shoulder, grabbing his attention.