Misunderstood

Chapter 20: Misunderstood

*

Ariana's Pov:

"Harry?" I asked while still looking at his piercing greens.

"Yes?" he answered lowly as he licked his lips, his warm breath hitting on my face as he spoke. Biting my bottom lip, I looked down at his feet.

"You're stepping on my foot," I stated. He looked down finally realizing that he had put his boot over my naked one.

"Ow." I squeaked as I bent down, slightly rubbing it. When I was done, I rose expecting to find Harry looking at me still in the same position, but instead there he sat on the couch staring down at his phone while it blinked and vibrated on his hand.

Making my way to where he was, I stood next to him looking down at the name of the caller. Louis T-

"Would you mind your own damn business?" Harry sneered, standing up to face me, his phone now in his pocket, his aggravation heightened. I flinched at his eruption. Fuck, I ruined his mood again.

I began to say how sorry I was, which was needed because of my unintended nosiness, but of course when it came to our conversations, he usually doesn't let me finish.

In my surprise the apology, this time, did not come from me, but from him. He unclenched his fists and sat back down. I was hesitant to touch his shoulder, fortunately he didn't explode that time.

An understanding sigh came upon my lips. There was a lot of pressure back where he was at that stage, he had appeared alone and everyone was going against him, but soon after there came his huge tirade that he did that quite explained everything.

"It's okay I get it." I started, "Well I may not have experience being famous and having a huge pregnancy scandal."

I began to joke, but soon returned grim when he didn't chuckle. "But I know the feeling." My voice cracked a bit and I hoped that he didn't caught that.

"I know the feeling of being alone. Like no one's there for you. Praying every night in hoping someone will finally save you. Then having one of the only people you love the most di-" The pain of Josh was too much for me to finish, and it colliding with my past was my breakout.

My legs joggled, as I shook my head, flashbacks of my dad's face the lullaby he sang after he was done with me. The name he called me. I couldn't take it anymore I was now on the ground; sitting on both of my feet as my hands covered my face, not wanting him to see me like this.

I continually sobbed, my breathing uneven, feeling Harry's stare beside me. I can't believe he is now watching me crying. I can't believe I let myself break, ruining the strong shield I made.

I was not expecting Harry to comfort me, knowing him. I sat there, my crying quiet and unstable. A big pair of hands had lifted me effortlessly from the floor and settled me onto their lap.

Opening my eyes I saw Harry's comforting face at the side. Harry placed a hand on my back, rubbing it slightly.

"Shhh. It's okay." He sounded hesitant while talking, but nevertheless takes his other hand and places it on my back in attempt to give me a hug. Wasting no time, I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling him sigh from my chest hitting his. I snuggled on his neck, his curls brushing my face.

"What am I doing?" I asked myself. Letting go of the hug, I bounded off Harry's lap, brushing my clothes, discomfited at what just occurred. Wiping my tears in the corners, I started biting my nails, in show of my uneasiness.