Moonlight Kiss {Chapter 2}

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath, the outside view was magnificent. I walked outside the balcony and leaned against the railing. Thankfully it had stopped raining, my jacket was still wet, but it didn’t matter, with this wind, I bet it’s going to dry pretty fast.

The forest looked scary from up here, I wonder if the castle is still here, the last time my mother told me about the castle was when I was around ten years old, which was about seven years ago. The moonlight was giving perfect lighting to the forest. A smile spread across my face, I was finally here where I always wanted to be.

I looked back at the room and notice something near the door. I walked back inside and saw a small bag on the floor. I kneeled down to see what it had inside and immediately saw a small golden heart hanging next to the zipper, it had the letter M label on it. It must have been my mom’s then. I open the bag and saw a couple of clothes and a few other things.

I grabbed the bag and exit the room heading downstairs I took a deep look at the house one more time. I knew that if I stayed, this would probably be the first place where everyone is going to look for me, so I better go and find somewhere else to go.

I walked outside; it was still dark; I could see a bunch of little houses not so far away. I hope I’m making the right choice, and with that I took the bag and started walking.

The path heading to the town was narrowed with trees surrounding it. I could see owls on pretty much every single tree. I felt nervous; I wasn’t sure how to act around humans, I’m pretty sure is like being around vampires.

I once asked my mother about how humans act, and her response was that “They are exactly like us, but they don’t drink blood like we do”

I should have asked her more about this just in case I made contact with one, but I wasn’t exactly sure when would I be meeting one so I just never got to ask more.

Besides, I had Alexander with me, he was after all human, but for his protection, he was never allowed to see us hunt, or let alone drink blood in front of him.

I sigh. I had a very boring life at the palace, no one understands me, not even my own parents.

As I got closer to town, I could see and hear everything that a couple of humans were saying.

It felt wrong to be hearing all of this, but I couldn’t shut it down, or tune what they were saying down. As I got closer, light immediately hit my eyes; I had to place my hand above my eyes so that light would hurt as much. I glanced around the street and saw a couple of people staring at me; it made me uncomfortable so I looked away.

Stores surrounded the street, the town looked very small, no wonder my mom felt isolated, but this was nothing compare to the palace. The kingdom was pretty much full with vampires, witches, angels and a lot more magical creatures.

Now, where do I go?

As I kept walking, I notice the street getting quieter, lights were going off and I was pretty much lost.

I didn’t know how long I had been walking but somehow I ended up in front of a small store. It was dark and cold; I sigh and sat on a bench in front of the store. I didn’t know for how long I was sitting outside crying until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I wiped tears from my eyes and turned around. I was not expecting to see a guy in front of me. He looked to be around eighteen years old; he had dark brown hair that fell over his brown eyes. He was handsome, but nothing compare to the majority of vampire guys that live in Calypso. He stare at me for a moment, I looked away trying to hide my blushing face.

“Are you alright?” he asked. I looked at my shoulder where his hand still stood and nodded. He immediately let go, and nodded.

“Are you lost?” I didn’t know what to say, I couldn’t possibly tell him the truth.

“I…I…no, I just came here to visit my relatives, but they are all gone, and I have nowhere else to go”

He frowned. “Where do your relatives live?”

“Just outside the forest, in a small cavin”

“Oh, I’ve seen that cabin before, I had the feeling that it was abandon, didn’t your relatives told you that they were leaving?”

I looked away and shocked my head. “I didn’t know”

I turned around to face him and stuck my hand. “I’m Jane”

He smiled and shocked my hand. “Robert”

I immediately felt a tingle in my stomach, there was something in him that I found fascinating and although he was a human and I’m supposed to feel this way, he is different.

I pulled my hand from his grasp, he blushed and stood up.

“Well, Jane, why don’t you come with me? I won’t do anything to you I promise, I live my mom not so far away from here. You can stay with us, until you decide whether to stay or leave.” He said. I couldn’t help, but notice a brown bag that he was carrying.

I nodded. “I would like that, thanks”

“What’s that?” I asked pointing at the bag.

“Oh…umm…groceries” he said. I should have known that, the smell was not very appealing though.

“Should we go?” he asked. I sigh and nodded walking next to him.

I knew that this was wrong, and that I should have stayed at the cabin, but I felt alone, I just hope my parents don’t trow a fit when they see that I’m not in the palace anymore.

“So, Jane…where are you from?” I almost stopped breathing, what should I say?

“I’m from…a small town”

He laughed. “A small town?”

I nodded. “Ok, I get it, you don’t want to tell me where, it’s okay, don’t worry about it.”

I smiled and kept walking. The night was getting darker, I have a feeling that it’s going to rain again.

From the corner of my eye I could see Robert smiling. “It’s a beautiful night” he said not once turning to look at me.

I shrugged. “Yeah, I guess”

“Don’t you like the night?”

“Yeah…it’s just that…it’s always cold and it can be scary sometimes”

“How?”

“I don’t know…you could say that I was born to be in the night, but I want to see the sun, like anybody else”

He frowned. “Are you allergic to the sun?”

“No…I mean, yes, but I can handle it…just not too much”

“Well, you are lucky to be here then, Oregon is a nice place, not a lot of sun, or at least is not as hot as the one in California.” I let out the breath that I was holding and smiled.

“Ok, here we are, Jane, this is my house” I looked up and saw a small two story house in front of me.

I knew that I shouldn’t get involved with more humans, but this was a nice place, I smiled and walked up to it, not once thinking about the consequences that I would have to face later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you guys think of this story.  :)))