- I Didn't Want To...

Vince and Iyasia in MM

Iyasia

*Flashback*

"You have a job for me?" I asked hesitantly. "Doing what?"

He smiled. "People will pay you just for being beautiful ma."

A smile spread across my face. "Like modeling?" I asked actually kind of excited. I mean I know I'm beautiful and my melanin is on fleek, but I never took myself as the model type so all of this really came as a surprise to me.

"Something like that." He asked.

My smile immediately disappeared and I got serious. "How much will I be making. I already told you I'm taking care of.."

"Both me and Vic" he finished for me, mocking me because I had said that at least 4 times since he approached.

"Right." I said sternly.

"Look it pays well, matter of fact I kind of already have something set up for you tonight." He said with a smirk.

I eyed him watching his expression before I responded. "Already? Tonight?"

"Just be ready tonight at 10pm, I'll pick you up from here." He said gesturing the homeless shelter Vic and I were staying at at the moment. "Look presentable and the rest of the night will play itself out."

I nodded my head before walking away to let Vic know what was going on. I guess I'd just have Mrs. Juanita keep an eye on Vic being that she was the one who showed us this homeless shelter and has been something like a friend to us.

"Vic I got good news" I said squealing.

She looked at me letting me know to continue. She hasn't been too verbal since ma has been gone. She's taking it hard but like myself she won't allow anyone to know she's hurt. She'd rather just disregard the situation all together.

"I think I got a job Vic. It pays good I think and before we know it we'll be out of this place and on our own. I told you Vic! I told you it would get better. Stuff is finally happening for us." I said almost screaming.

The biggest smile I had seen in weeks plastered across her face. "Really A?! We really gonna get our own place? Oh god A I hate it here. So many people and all everyone does at night is cry. It sucks." She said getting kind of sad again as she got lost in her thoughts.

I sighed. "I know Vic but with this job it'll all get better. I have to go get ready. You okay with staying with Mrs.Juanita while I'm gone?" She just shrugged and I walked over to her and hugged her. "It's gonna get better you'll see. Just trust me. I love you alright nappy head?"

She laughed and pushed me off of her. "I love you too booty chin."

------------------------
*Still in the flashback, just a few hours later*

"Vince this looks like a party not a photoshoot." I said nervously looking around the mansion swarmed with people obviously drunk.

He looked over at me. "I said something like modeling Asia. It pay a decent amount. You want it or not?" He said looking over at me obviously growing aggravated.

"Uh... Uh yeah." I stuttered before he grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. This house was beautiful but for some reason it gave me such a eery feeling. A feeling like I should turn around and run out the door. I was broken from my thoughts when we stopped in front of a old white man. He looked to be in his 70's honestly and you could tell he had money by the $3,000 Armani suit he was wearing.