- Better Days....

Asia

I sat on the couch waiting for August to get back. I was pissed that he felt like he needed to chase Aria and I was back in the picture. He we were going through it already.

I heard a key rattle in the door and August walk through.

He looked at me like he wanted to say something but didn't want to argue so he walked past me into the room.

Wrong choice.

I got up and followed behind him.

"That's what we're doing now?" I asked softly walking in the room.

It fucking killed me that I was still struggling to breath a little so yelling and arguing was about to be the death of me.

"Asia please." He sighed sitting on the bed looking at me.

"No that's not fair! You sat there and chased another woman in my face a woman that you already told me you liked before!"

He ran his hands down his face. "A woman who was dere fa me when you made me feel like there was somethin wrong wit me." He said nonchalantly. "I'm not chasin her to be with her Asia, I chose to be with you and I'm not waverin wit my decision. I still want to be wit you. Aria was an amazin friend and support system and I'm not losin her. At the end of the day you put me in a position to get close to her when you stepped out on me and I'm not gettin rid of her as a friend just because you're ready to get it together." He shrugged.

I sat there taking everything he was saying and though it was true it hurt. Hurt that I damn near pushed him into another woman's arms. Hurt that he felt so comfortable confiding in another woman.

"Fine." I shrugged walking out of the room and back to the couch.

I sat down turning on the tv to try and drown out my thoughts. Soon after August came out the room standing over me and I looked up at him.

"I love you Asia, I apologize if my friendship wit Aria makes you uncomfortable but I ain neva gave you no reason not to trust me."

That stung because here I was acting as if I was the one who deserved to have trust issues.

"Trust that I'm not tryna hurt you. I wanna go back to how we was before that's all A." He shrugged.

I stood up wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his lips gently. "I'm sorry August, I love you." I mumbled against his lips.

He nodded and let me go, he sat down on the couch and I walked into the room looking for his phone.

Once I found it I unlocked it and began to look through it. Once I found what I was looking for I locked and sat it back down.

I walked out to the living area and grabbed his car keys.

"I'll be back baby."

He nodded. "Be safe."

I got in the car and started up the engine heading to my destination. Once I arrived I killed the engine and got out knocking on the door.

I knocked a few times before I got a response. She finally came to the door and swung it open.

"Hey Aria." I smiled slightly.

"Oh hey Asia, August isn't here he-"

"I know I came to see you, may I come in?"

She looked confused but agreed stepping aside and letting me in. I took a spot on the couch and she sat directly across from me.

"So um, I want to start by saying thank you for that day out at the alley. You saved both August and I and I'm grateful."