Pregnancy Series: Steve

Start from the beginning

Two lines. "Oh my god!" You said loudly turning to Steve. He opened his arms and spun you around, kissing you constantly before putting you back on the floor. "I love you so much" Steve said while placing a hand on your stomach. "I love you too."

Gender || Baby names -
As you and Steve sat in the doctor's room you thought back to when you had first found out you were pregnant. It turned out that you were already about a month in and that explained why your period hadn't started. The doctor walked in, snapping your attention back to the present. "Now this will be a bit cold, if you'd like to lift up your shirt for me?" You glanced at Steve and he grinned back. You rolled up your shirt and the doctor rubbed the cold gel over your stomach and then moved the scanner around. "Okay so this is your baby here, you see the head?" You and Steve nodded, with a few tears in your eyes. Even though you'd already a couple of ultra-sounds it still made you well up at the sight of your baby! "So would you like to know the sex?" Steve looked at you and you nodded together. "Yes please" He said politely. The two of you had discussed this before coming and had agreed that you wanted to know. "Okay." The doctor looked at the screen for a few moments before turning to you and saying "You're having a little baby boy!" You let out a gasp as did Steve. "Really?" The doctor nodded and stood up "I'll give you two a moment" then she left the room. "Oh Steve we're going to have a son!" He nodded staring at the screen intently. "Oh Y/N this is amazing!" He moved to sit closer to you and wrapped an arm around your shoulders "I cannot wait to meet him, our son!" You giggled as his adorable face "Well you'll have to wait a few more months!" He looked at you and grinned again. "Thank you so much for giving me a child" you felt a tear slip down your cheek from all this emotion. Steve lifted his hand and wiped away the tear, gently kissing you. The doctor came back and cleaned the gel off before letting you go.

On the journey home you began wondering about baby names. "What about Chris?" Steve asked as you entered the house. "I did think of that but I didn't really like it." You flopped onto the sofa and rubbed your little bump. "Joseph?" Steve frowned a little and shook his head. "George?" You nodded your head a little "Maybe... I'm not too sure on George." Steve gave another idea "What about Benjamin?" Again you shook your head "Nah, I can't imagine it" The two of you sat in silence and you noticed Steve looked like he was quite upset over something "Steve?" He looked up "Yeah?" You frowned and moved closer "Are you okay? I'm sorry I don't like Benjamin" He chuckled slightly "I'm fine and I don't mind about Benjamin!" You smiled and cuddled into him. A few moments later of Steve still looking upset an idea popped into your head. "Steve?" He murmured a response "Mmh?" You paused a moment "What about William? I like Will for short as well?" He was silent for a few seconds "I like William." You turned to him and smiled "William Rogers, it sounds good" he said and he grinned. You thought before saying "William Bucky Rogers sounds even better." He tended slightly before smiling at you lovingly "Thank you" You kissed him quickly "You don't have to thank me, I could tell you were thinking about him." Steve looked down for a while before you hugged him again "Even if we change our minds about William, we can keep Bucky." He smiled and kissed the top of your head. "You're amazing Y/N."

Pregnancy problems -
"Steve!!!" You shouted downstairs and he came racing up the stairs. "What? Is everything okay?" Steve asked quickly, his eyes shooting to your ever growing stomach. "What is this?" You ignored his questioned and gestured to the bed. There lay three piles of clothes. Steve's forehead creased into a frown before he turned to you "It's our washing?" You pursed your lips and rolled your eyes. "I can see that, what is it doing on our bed?" You put your hands on your hips. "You asked me to separate the washing into whites, darks and colours." You shook your head and Steve looked even more confused now. "No I asked you to separate it into the three piles and then put one of them in the washing machine!" Steve's frown increased and you saw him trying to remember what was said "No you only asked me to separate them." You sighed "Why would I say that when I know it's awkward for me to walk downstairs with a pile of clothes and this giant thing!" You said resting your hands on your stomach. Steve signed "Honey I remember the conversation exactly and you only asked me to separate them! I'll take one down now though!"