What do you mean?

"I have six missed calls from Tom." Jen said.

"I have you beat. Jidenna called me eight times." Christine said. "Should I call him back?" Christine asked to her friend.

"No. That's it," Jen took Christine's phone and her own, "phones are going off." She powered them down. 

The two best friends sat on Christine's bed. 

"Okay, you first," Jen said.

"Why me?" complained Christine. 

"Because your situation is more complicated. You have two guys and I only have one." Jen joked.

"I guess." Christine said.

"No, for real, how are you taking this?" Jen asked.

Christine paused. "Its just so much. I thought I was over Jamal I really did, but seeing him..right there in front of me... it was just too much. My heart broke all over again, you know?"

"Yah," Jen consoled her friend. 

"I still love him." Christine continued. "I still love Jamal. I've never been more sure of anything else. I can't believe that after two years I'm still not over him."

"You don't exactly recover from something like that. Its okay that you still love him, Christine but he's just not good for you anymore." Jen said.

"I know...but it still hurts." Christine wiped a tear from her eye. After she composed herself she spoke up. "Your turn, love." She said.

~

Jen woke up on Christine's bed. She couldn't believe that she had fallen asleep in such an uncomfortable position. She got up carefully so that she wouldn't wake Christine. After stretching her back a little, she went to the bathroom to clean herself up.

As she washed her face and looked in the mirror she thought about her conversation with Christine last night. She had poured her heart out to her best friend but still didn't feel complete. She really wanted things to work out between her and Tom but she didn't see how they could. 

Jen decided to go for a walk to clear her head. 

She walked out of her dorm and down the front steps and there he was. Tom. Standing beside his car right in front of her. And here she was confused, vulnerable, and utterly defenseless. 

She felt so conflicted. All her emotions were welling up inside her as her eyes started tearing up.

Damn it. Be strong, Jen, she thought. 

She cleared her throat, "Hey, Tom." She said.

He stepped forward. Jen could tell that he saw right through her.

"Jen, lets talk-" He said as moved even closer.

"No..don't-"Jen said

"Don't what, Jen? I can't talk to you now?" Tom seemed upset but he didn't stop moving forward.

"Just stay over there, okay, don't come close to me like that." Jen said 

"Why not?" Tom walked closer.

"Just don't, okay. I can't...I just can't." Jen said. He kept walking forward until Jen was backed into the stairwell and couldn't go anywhere.

"Jen, what do you mean?" Tom said his tone softening. 

"I just.. I don't want to see you right now, Tom." Jen couldn't keep eye contact.

He put his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to him so that they were touching. 

"Look at me, Jen." Tom said.

Jen looked up at him. 

"Talk to me." He pleaded.

There he goes again, making me fall for him. Jen thought.

For some reason it frustrated her.

"Why do you keep doing that?" Jen said as she pushed Tom off of her. 

"Doing what?" Tom said getting irritated again.

"Invading my personal space, and-and holding me and," Jen yelled struggling for the words as she held back tears, "coming here all the time-"

Tom was getting more upset. Why did she have to be so difficult! He thought. 

"What the hell does that mean Jen?" He cut her off. "So I'm not supposed to come around anymore? I'm not supposed to touch you? Is that what you want?"  Something about this girl just set him on fire on every way imaginable. He was yelling at her now. 

"Just stop it!" Jen yelled back. 

"Stop what, Jen?" Tom returned.

"Stop acting like you care!"Jen pushed him and started walking away.

Tom grabbed her arm and stopped her. She turned to face him, her face filled with tears.

"You don't think I care?" Tom almost whispered. He had a hold of both of her arms now. 

"No," Jen shook her head, "I don't."

He took her face in his hands and wiped her tears away. Then he kissed her gently.

"I do care," he said when he was finished. "I care so much about you, Jen. I-I can't stop thinking about you. You think I'd be trying this hard if I didn't care?" Tom asked.

Jen shook her head.

"Come here, Jen. Just let me hold you. How can I show you that I care?" Tom took her in his arms and held her close. He didn't want to let her go.

~

Hey everyone,

     Thanks so much for all the reads and the votes. I plan to continue updating and working on this story. About the title, lol I just had to, Justin Bieber's song is soo good. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Is it me or are Jen and Tom just the best. Thanks again, stay classy. 

Edit Check ;)

     ~Dallas Rey