Unattractive Pajamas

Christine's eyes were sore from crying. This guy really messed her up.

She sat on the couch surrounded by used tissues. It upset her how sensitive she felt about all this; she had literally been crying since noon. Her only classes that day were in the morning so she came home early; it was now 8pm.

Jen had gone out on a date earlier that evening. She was with the guy she had met at Lenny's last week; Tom was his name. She was really interested in this guy. Christine figured her friend would probably be spending the night with him and Jen wasn't celibate.

Despite their differences, Jen was Christine's absolute best friend in the world. They had met freshman year and had been inseperable since.

Jen had spent most of the day with Christie comforting her and making sure she was alright and Christie thankful for it. Christine was so amazed by Jen's fearlessness in defending her; Jen had punched Jidenna in the face.

Jiddena

Oh, crap. She was really trying not to think of him.

She took a deep breath and turned on the t.v. in order to clear her head of him. One of her favorite romance movies was on, Titanic. She loved to cry to this movie.

"You're so stupid Rose! You're so stupid!" Jack shouted as he held Rose's face.

"Oh, why did you get off the freakin' boat!" Christie sobbed to the t.v.

"I won't leave you, Jack.." Rose answered.

Then the mournful music played and Christine lost it. She balled for a few minutes as she watched the fated couple try to escape the sinking ship.

She was interrupted by a knock on the door; her eyes shot to it.

Who could that be?

Jen wasn't supposed to be back until the morning. Christine jumped up.

"Oh crap, I'm a mess!"Christine said to herself as she eyed her unattractive pajamas that she had worn all day. Then she realized what a mess the couch was.

She panicked as she started picking up used tissues and running to throw them away. On her first trip back to the couch she yelled to the door.

"One second!" She sprinted back to the couch. And then her heart stopped. What if. What if it was Jidenna?

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, she prayed. True panic started to fill her. She couldn't face him alone. Not without Jen. She felt the tears coming on again. Then she calmed herself.

Christine, get yourself together. "You can do this." She reassured herself.

Then as if in answer. Someone spoke up on the other side of the door.

"Christine.." it was him. He came back. "Christine, it's me."

He sounded sad.

"I..I don't want to talk to you Jidenna." She said as confidently as she could. "Please go away."

"Christine, please. I know Jen probably won't want me too... but can I come in? Please?"

Christine could not believe him.

The nerve of this guy.

"No you can't." She answered. Then she added, "Jen's not here." She didn't need to say that but she wanted too.

"Okay then," Jidenna said with finality.

Is he giving up that easily? She secretly hoped he would try harder.

She was now standing right in front of the door; leaning her ear against it. She tried to hear if he was walking away. Then she heard something against the door.

"What are you doing?" She called out to him.

"Well," he said with an exhale. "I'm gonna sit out here until Jen comes to beat me up."

Christine had to keep from giggling. No, she wouldn't let herself laugh. She was still mad at him.

"Or," he added "Until you let me in."

Christie slumped down and leaned so that her back was resting on the door. She imagined him sitting the same way. They were back to back, separated only by the door.

"You know, you're being really bold for someone who's in the wrong." Christine said turning her head slightly to the side so he would hear her better.

"I know.." he said defeatedly. "I had to try something though." He said.

What? She thought. She honestly didn't think he cared that much about her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

He took a deep breath like he had a lot to say. "You know the first time I saw you?" he asked.

She nodded her head silently. Then she realized he couldn't see her so she said "Yah."

"Well, from that first moment. I don't know how to explain it but I felt really connected to you. And then I found out about you're virginity and I don't know.. I just got scared."

"Scared?" Christine asked. Now she was really confused.

"No not like that. I panicked. I realized how perfect you were and I wasn't sure.. I didn't know.."

"Know what?" Christie asked a little annoyed. He needed to get to the point.

"I didn't know if you could love someone like me."

Christine was speechless. He kept going.

"You know about me and about how I live. I'm really messed up and I didn't want you to be affected by that. That..that's why I got drunk yesterday. I realized I didn't want to lose you but I wasn't sure how to be in a relationship like this."

Christine was silent.

"Please say something." He asked.

~

Oh God, did I scare her off?

Jiddena rested his face in his hands. He had just poured out his heart and he didn't know what to do next. He thought that she would understand. He thought they were connected but-

His thoughts were interrupted as he fell back.

She had opened the door.

He caught himself and stood up quickly. He towered over her. She was looking up at him. Her hair was in a nice afro and she was wearing pajamas. She looked so cute. He smiled.

"Wanna come in?" she asked.

~

Ohh this is too cute, Chapter seven (edit)- Check!

~Dallas Rey