Between Us

Jen was so mad. She had gotten over the confrontation with Jidenna earlier that week but now she had to see his stupid face again.

Christine had invited, basically forced, Jen to go out with her and Jidenna tonight. Since they were the two most important people in Christine's life, Christine wanted them all to spend time together. 

Jen knew that Christine expected them both to get along but she wasn't even going to pretend to like Jidenna. If he made one more wrong move all bets were off.

There was one good thing about tonight though, Tom was coming. He had picked her up and they were headed to meet Christine and Jidenna now.

"You look so good, babe," he said.

She was wearing a simple black dress that showed some cleavage with some violet heels and a tan overcoat.

"Thank you," she blushed and kissed his cheek.

They pulled up to Lenny's, Jen and Christine's favorite spot. This is where she met Tom. She looked over and gave him a smile as the place brought back memories.

Once they walked inside Tom put his hand on Jen's waist and whispered in her ear.

"I'll be right back I'm going to go to the restroom."

His breathe tickled her neck as he pulled away. Before he left her side he planted a sweet kiss on her cheek.

I might have to keep this one around for a while , she thought smiling. Tom was really special because Jen did not usually stay in relationships for a long amount of time.

Jen checked her coat and sat down. She was comforted that Tom was here with her.

She crossed her legs, closed her eyes, and took a deep breathe thinking of Tom. Although she didn't know him that well, they vibed well together. They had similar personalities but Tom's was more soothing. He calmed her down when she got worked up.

Tom was tall, at least six foot. He had a pretty muscular build and he had the greatest smile. She didn't expect to be with someone like him ever. First of all, he was white, but mainly, he was just so perfect. Other than Christine, it was like he was her angel. Of course he had the additional benefit of being good in bed. She cheesed at the thought.

All of a sudden she was taken from her thoughts.

"Jen?" a familiar voice said.

She looked up.

"Oh hell nah." She said under her breath.

It was Jamal. Jamal the cheater and the one who broke Christie's heart. If she disliked Jidenna then she absolutely could not stand Jamal.

"What? You're not happy to see me?" He said in a sarcastic tone. She always hated his sarcasm

"No I'm not happy to see you. Stop talking to me." She said as she stood up to leave.

"Woah, woah, c'mon theres no need to be like that anymore. Me and Christine ended on a good note remember." There was a hint of sincerity in his eyes. He did care about Christine, she'd give him that.

"I wouldn't call unfaithfulness 'ending on a good note', Jamal" She wanted to beat him up so bad. The only thing stopping her was her nice heels. So she took a deep breath instead; her own personal anger management.

"I know," he looked down and sighed, "how is she, by the way?" He asked.

"She's great, she's better off without you." She meant that.

Before he could answer Tom came back. He stood beside Jen.

"Hey babe, who's this." His voice hinted jealousy.