Jealous

I'm gonna come right out the gate and say it. This isn't one of my favorite chapters. It's kind of a filler chapter for me but I still hope you enjoy it :)

~

Jidenna had given Christine much to think about. 

He spent the night with her and they just held each other like they had at his house. That morning he left early because he had teacher assisting to do. 

Christie didn't have any classes until the evening so she decided to go see him. Even though they hadn't been apart for more than an hour or two that day, she really missed him. Still she hadn't given herself  time to think about what he said. 

She drove over to the Literature department and headed inside. Finding his room she went over to it.

Christine knew that the class must be coming to a close because Jidenna was up addressing the students; teachers assistants usually close out the lesson. It wasn't often that people stayed for the teacher assistant's lecture but every student was still in their seat listening to Jidenna.

She didn't blame them because he was captivating. Dressed in a sharp suit and standing upright, he had a very commanding presence. He held the attention of everyone in the room, especially the ladies.

But he was currently addressing the young men. Christine caught the last part of his speech. As he said it, he scanned the audience of the lecture hall and looked directly into the eyes of every gentleman. 

"That's your intention, you're not walking down, you're walking with dignity.. You're marching, you're marching for everybody who fought for you to be here today, to live here and to get an education, we weren't allowed here 50 years ago, we weren't allowed to get an education, make it your intention to represent." (taken and amended from his speech prior to the 2015 BET awards)

Wow, that's deep, Christine thought. 

"That is the power of intention and representation. Alright everyone, class dismissed."

The class applauded and then started to leave. Several of the students, all females, came up to him with questions and remarks of how great his speech was. Christine tried not to show it but she was pretty annoyed at this. 

She waited patiently, leaning on the door frame until finally he looked up from the crowd of fawning college girls and noticed her. She smiled. He said a few words to the girls and they parted, allowing him to make his way over to her. They didn't try to hide their jealousy. 

Christine knew she was lucky she had him.

"Wow," I said, "that was an amazing lesson."

"Yah, we were originally talking about a novel but I sort of went off on a tangent." He laughed shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. 

He's so humble, Christine thought.

"I've never seen a class so captivated before." She said continuing to compliment him.

"Thank you so much. I get really preachy when I'm inspired."

"That's a great thing." She held his gaze and then reached up to kiss him. He met her half way and and they shared a special moment. 

When the kiss was over he invited Christine out to lunch. They were walking out the door when one girl that was asking him questions earlier spoke to him. 

"Hi, Jidenna," she said. She was practically exploding with enthusiasm. It took every fiber of Christine's willpower not to roll her eyes.

"Hey Lily, did you have a question about the professor's lecture?" He answered politely.

"Well, I actually had a question about your lecture, Jidenna. Maybe we can have lunch sometime and discuss it. Here's my number." The girl handed a piece of paper to him and he pocketed it. This time Christine did roll her eyes. This girl was practically throwing herself at him. Christine was getting jealous. 

She stood beside and slightly behind Jidenna as he addressed his student. 

"Alright Lily, that sounds fine," he said and then flashed a charming smile. Christine knew he couldn't help it but that's what caused all those girls to hover around him all the time: his dazzling smile. It was gorgeous.

"Will today work for you?" The girl said to Jidenna.

Does she see me standing right here? Christine thought. She was trying her very best not to mean mug this girl but she knew she was failing. 

"Actually no," he said.

Her face immediately turned pouty.

"But," he continued, "I can check my phone for any other dates." He pulled out his phone and opened his calendars app. "Okay I think I can meet you tomorrow for lunch.." he said still looking at his phone.

"..but let me get back to you on that-"he was interrupted. 

The girl stood on her toes and gave Jidenna a kiss on the cheek. 

He was caught off guard and didn't get more than an indiscernible "Uh.." out before the girl said "Okay, sounds great" and sped out of the room. 

The girl shot a sneaky look at Christine before exiting. Christine almost forgot she was saved and had to control herself.

Christine held her mouth open in shock. That girl had been so boldly rude.

"Oh no she didn't," she said.

"Calm down Christine it was just-"Jidenna was interrupted.

"That little girl has some nerve!"Christine began. She planned on saying more but Jidenna spun her around and planted a huge kiss on her lips.

When he let go he said, "You have nothing to worry about." That made her smile.

"And who are you calling little girl," he continued, she was only two years younger than you!" with that he busted out laughing. 

Christine blushed. She knew that she could say the wildest things when she was angry.

"Hey," she playfully hit him, "it's not that funny. And besides I can call anyone 'little girl' if I want to." 

"Whatever, babe," he smiled.

Christine blushed, he called me babe

"Can I call you that?" he asked.

"Sure." She tried not to smile too hard. He still gave her butterflies. 

"Alright, babe," he wrapped his arm around her waist, "where to for lunch, I'm so hungry."

"It doesn't really matter," Christine said, "just as long as I don't see that girl anywhere." 

Jidenna laughed.

"Stop laughing, I'm serious!" She said. 

"Okay, okay but just admit...you were a little jealous." Jidenna teased.

"Whatever," Christie said.

"Admit it!" he said as he started to tickle her.

Being tickled was one of her weaknesses. She doubled over and tried to control her laughter. 

"Okay! Okay! you got it, I was jealous." She said recovering herself.

"I just wanted to hear it," he said cheesing. "Now we may go, my lady." He took her arm and wrapped it in his own.

"Why thank you, fine gentleman." She returned. 

They left the lecture hall. 

~

Chapter nine edited, I hoped you enjoyed it even though it was mainly a filler. 

Peace out and thanks for reading!

~Dallas Rey