Jamal

Two filler chapters in a row, eek! But still hope you enjoy as we delve into some backstory...

~

Christine sat on her bed. She had started to do homework on her laptop but then got distracted by her thoughts. She couldn't stop thinking about him. She remembered the wonderful lunch that they had yesterday and started to smile. He was so charming and he always knew how to make her laugh. But still she was worried.

Today Jidenna had planned to meet Lily, a student, for lunch. Christine knew she shouldn't stress about it or even care but the girl was actually really attractive. Plus she had the confidence to kiss him right in front of Christine's face. 

On top of that Christine and Jidenna weren't even dating so she really didn't have the right to be jealous; but she was.

Christine had been hurt before by her first love, Jamal. They met freshman year and fell in love. He was so sweet and they had been together for a year but he just couldn't handle a relationship without sex. So he cheated. 

The girl he cheated with was way more beautiful than Christine, in her opinion. It broke her heart and ruined her self-esteem for a while. Christine literally thought she would die after it happened because, she loved him so much. 

She knew she always loved too hard in relationships.

Later on Jamal came back and begged for her forgiveness and for her to come back to him. Even though she really wanted to say yes she knew she couldn't. Jen had been there for her and ever since had been overprotective of her.

Despite all these thoughts flying around in her head, she was trying really hard not to compare Jidenna to Jamal.

She was so lost in thought she didn't even notice her roommate walk in.

"Hey, beautiful" Jen said cheerily. Jen had told Christine all about the night she spent over her date's house. His name was Tom, he was white and super hot which cause Jen to be really into him.  

Apparently the feeling was mutual; Christine wouldn't be surprised if they started dating.

Christine didn't come back into reality until Jen sat down in front of her, causing the bed to shake slightly.

"Oh, hey love!" Christine said laughing.

"Why did you look so upset just now. What were you thinking about?"Jen asked.

Christine sighed. "Well," she said, "it's about Jidenna."

Jen rolled her eyes while she leaned her head back and groaned. She still did not like him. But because Jen was a good best friend she listened whenever Christie talked about him. She already knew about he night before and she knew about what he said.

Jen was still suspicious of him. So she didn't buy a word he said. Still, Jen would always listen and would never try to stop Christine from seeing him. He made her happy; that was all that mattered.

"Him again." she said when she was done complaining.

"Yes, but he didn't do anything wrong, he really is a nice guy, Jen."Christine persuaded.

"Whatever." Jen said.

"Can you please just be happy for me?" Christine pleaded.

Uh, she's giving me those sad puppy dog eyes. How can I resist those; they're just too cute. Jen thought.

"Okay," Jen exhaled. The least she could do is be happy for her friend. "What's up, why are you worried?" Jen continued.

"It's really silly but its just he's going out to lunch with one of his students and she's really pretty and I just don't want her to try anything, you know?"Christine said.

"I understand. And if he does try anything then you just know he doesn't deserve you."Jen said.

It was so hard for her to give good advice when she really didn't like this guy. She remembered the way Jamal broke Christine's heart and didn't want her friend to suffer through that again.

"Trust me," Jen continued. "if he hurts you again I will make sure he regrets it." Jen was dead serious.

"Girl, you're starting to scare me a little," Christine laughed.

Jen didn't laugh. She was ready to end this guy if he broke Christine's heart.

"And I really am happy for you because Jidenna makes you happy. Just know, you can always come to me about anything and I'll listen."Jen said.

"Thanks so much Jen, you're really the best." She hugged her friend.

Jen hugged her back and remembered all the things she had said to Jidenna that night.

"I don't know how you treat other girls when they don't want to talk to you but you're not going to do that with her...If I ever see you trying to even say hi to my best friend...I will cut you."

Even though Jen would continue to allow Jidenna to see Christine, she still felt the same way about him. If he hurt Christine or even made Christine upset, her previous threat still stood. Jennifer had threatened to cut him. And Jennifer did not make idle threats.

~

Dunh Dunh Dunhhhh, chapter 10 edited. So sleepy, I've been working hard all day; writing and editing. But I loovveee it! Thanks for reading.

~Dallas Rey