Cloud Nine

Christie woke up to the smell of bacon. It took her a second to remember where she was. Then it hit her.

Did I sleep here?

She almost started to panic. She immediately discarded any thought about anything happening because she saw that she was still fully clothed (Thank God) and she had been  tucked in on the couch with a warm blanket. 

She pulled back the blanket and slowly sat up. Images of her date last night flooded into her memory and she smiled. She looked around her. Jidenna was nowhere to be seen. Turning on her phone she immediately saw countless calls and messages from her best friend.

She's probably worried sick about me.

Even though she felt childish doing so, she ignored the messages for a second and checked her appearance in her phone's camera. When she was satisfied with her hair and make up she called Jennifer back.

Her best friend picked up on the first ring. 

"Where the hell are you?" Jen shouted in Christie's ear.

"Good morning to you too, love" Christie said groggily trying to lighten the mood. 

"Don't play games with me. You didn't come home last night, I was this close to calling the police!"

"Calm down Jen, I just...I stayed over Jidenna's house."

"You what? Jen's tone changed to more understanding now. "Oh honey, I thought you were going to tell me if you ever changed your mind about waiting-"

"Oh no, no it's not like that. We just stayed up watching a movie and I fell asleep."

"He didn't try nothing funny did he?"Jen asked suspiciously. "Because if he did I will kick his-"

"No," Christie giggled. Her friend really cared about her. "He was actually really sweet and tucked me in a blanket and everything."

"Oh ok, just checking." Jen said. 

Christie heard footsteps coming from another room and her heart fluttered.

 He's awake. She thought.

"Oh, I think he's up now." She said to Jen.

"Okay, I can come pick you up if you want."

"Sure, that'll be great. His house is on the frat street. Just drive by and I'll come out." Christie said.

"Okay hun, see you soon." 

"Bye love." After Christie said this she ended the call and checked her hair one more time. 

She stood up and was turning around when Jidenna came out of his room. He had just showered. She knew this because of the towel he was wearing. In fact, she was pretty sure that was the only thing he was wearing. 

She almost fell back onto the couch. 

Okay, this man's body is perfect.

"Good morning sunshine." he said with a smile.

She laughed "Right back at ya" 

I hope that wasn't too weird

"I didn't know when you'd be up so I showered." He said to her. "And I made breakfast, are you hungry?"

"Yah" Christie answered, "I am."

~

After he dressed they sat down to eat. They enjoyed biscuits, eggs, and bacon; some of Christie's favorites. They laughed and talked so that before long, Jen was at the door. 

"My ride's here." Christie said. "Thank you for the wonderful time." Then she kissed him.

"No problem." He said with a smile afterwards. 

She grabbed her bag and walked out the door.

Before she got into Jen's car, Jidenna rushed out the door. 

"When can I see you again?" he asked. 

"Just call me." She said before smiling and stepping into her friend's car.

They drove off. 

~

Christie was absolutely on cloud 9. She had told Jen all about her date and she could not stop smiling. 

After a late Sunday service the best friends headed home. Jen took a nap but the last thing Christie wanted to do was sleep. 

She decided to take a walk. Putting on a sundress she went to the park on campus. It was walking distance so she didn't have to drive. At the park, the path surrounded a lake. She loved walking this path because of how serene it was. It always helped her to clear her head. 

She had been walking around the lake when she saw something that took her completely by surprise. It was him. It was Jidenna. Or at least she thought it was. He was wearing his usual suit but it was sloppily worn. His shirt was untucked and his sleeves weren't folded properly. She looked and saw a flask in his hand. 

He was leaning on a bridge. More like using it in order not to fall over. He swayed a little and seemed to be talking to himself. This was not the guy she knew at all. 

She cautiously came closer. "Jidenna?" she questioned. 

"Huh?" Was the reply as he turned his head to face her. "Oh," a goofy grin spread across his face "hey there gorgeous, what you up to?" His words were slurred as he advanced toward her. 

He began to put his arm around her. She rejected the advance and looked him straight in the eye.

"Jidenna I don't like this side of you." she said. 

"Hey, hey...calm down." He stumbled toward her.

She backed away. "You need to get yourself together."

"Hey...don't go." He looked almost sad. And then he looked mischievous again. "Hey... is it true that you're a virgin? You wanna..?" He make a weird motion with his body.

Christie's whole attitude had come crashing down. He was ruining her day. She was so upset at him she could scream. She smacked him instead. 

He looked stunned and let out a confused sound.

Christie didn't stay another second and just stormed away. 

Once she left the park she almost ran to her dorm room. Then she broke down crying.

~

Goodness, I want a man to make me breakfast like that! Chapter five officially edited.

~Dallas Rey