Curse Words

Jidenna literally felt like a piece of trash. He felt like a tissue that people snot in, crumble up, and throw onto the ground. He was fucking trash. 

How could you say that to her? How could you let her get away?

Jidenna was sprawled across his couch, face down. He could still smell Christine's fragrance on it from the night before. 

That seemed like so long ago. He just wanted to go back to that moment. 

When she had fallen asleep on him. He stayed with her for a little bit but then tucked her in and went to bed. He really, genuinely cared about her.

It scared the crap out of him. 

He had never cared for anyone as much as her in such a short time before. He panicked. That morning, he woke up to take a hot refreshing shower and clear his head. When he had walked out she was there. Standing just like a perfect angel. 

They had eaten breakfast and talked. 

She was so perfect.

He felt like she made him better in so many ways. 

After she left with her friend he had a drink. And another one. And another one. 

Before he knew it, he was leaving his house to take a walk. He was at a bridge across a small runoff of water when he realized how drunk he was. He had to used the bridge's railing to stand up. 

Then the unthinkable happened. He saw her.  

At first he thought he envisioned her. The wind was blowing her hair and sundress perfectly. She was an angel.

He didn't remember what he said to her but he did remember the hard slap she gave him across his face. 

Now he lay pitifully hungover on his couch, unable to think of anything but her. 

He slept his hungover off and cleaned himself up. He had to see her. 

He checked his reflection in the mirror again. He looked like the perfect classic man. But he knew now that she saw past this facade. She now saw what a mess he was. Maybe she would still stay, maybe.

 He walked out the door.

~

"Honey, calm down, I've never seen you this angry before. You're scaring me a little." Jen said cautiously to her friend. Her best friend had been cursing out Jiddena for the past forty five minutes. And Jen was supposed to be the mean one. 

Christie didn't have one disrespectful bone in her body. She was honestly doing a terrible job at cussing Jiddena out. She kept coming up with her own cuss words which threw off their effectiveness. 

Despite all that Jen was really worried. She wondered why Christie was getting upset over a guy she had met just a few days ago. Christine knew how to deal with jerks. Why was she letting this one get to her? 

"He just a regular guy, you don't need him. Sweetie, you'll get over it." Jen said in the most compassionate tone she could muster. She was sitting on the bed watching Christine pace and curse. 

"But that's the thing. He's not regular. I don't know what it is or what voodoo hypnotic crap he pulled on me." She was making hand motions over her head." But I really cared about him. And I know that's crazy because its only been a few days." She plopped down defeatedly by Jen's side and rested her head on her friend's shoulder. 

Jennifer took a deep breath. "Well whenever I see him I'll be sure to punch him in the face for you hun." 

Christie started to laugh when someone knocked on the door. 

Their faces hardened. Christie knew exactly who it was. 

Jen leapt to the door and swung it open. Jidenna opened his mouth to speak. "I-" was all he could get out before Jennifer punched him in the face.

He doubled back and slammed into the hallway wall behind him. The hit was unexpected. 

"Ow!" he complained holding his hand to his face. "Damn it!" he didn't try to hide his anger and through bared teeth asked "Can I speak to Christine?" He walked back up to the doorway.

Jen glared at him and started to curse him out. She was a pro at throwing insults and cuss words. She was about eight profanities in when Christine interrupted.

She stood beside her best friend in the door way. Jidenna started to apologize. Before he could finish. Christine looked him in the eyes and said "Jidenna I don't ever want to see you again, leave me alone." 

She had said it so evenly because most of her negative emotion had left her after she cussed him out to herself. 

Christine started to close the door but Jidenna reached in to hold it open.

"Christie-" he pleaded

"Don't call me that!" she interrupted. "Move your hand please." She was really ready for him to go. She felt herself about to cry.

"But Christine please, I'm sorry. Just forgive me we can work this out-" He was cut off by Jen. 

She pushed him away from the door so his hand was no longer holding it open. "She asked you to move your hand." They were both in the hall way now. Jen's voice got quieter and more serious.

"I don't know how you treat other girls when they don't want to talk to you but you're not going to do that with her." She was pointing at him accusingly and her voice dropped to a whisper. "If I ever see you trying to even say hi to my best friend..." she paused for impact to make sure he was staring deep into her eyes " I will cut you."

She walked backwards back into her dorm, maintaining eye contact the whole time. Once she was inside she slammed the door. 

"What'd you say to him?" Christine asked. Her first tears had fallen. 

Jen hugged her best friend. She hated to see Christine cry. 

"Don't worry about that love. Let's cheer you up." She wrapped her arm around Christine and got her some tissue. 

~

Ahh, I really like this chapter. Even though I didn't change much, consider chapter six edited ;)

~Dallas Rey