Chapter Nineteen

Kitties are love. Kitties are life.

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach's P.O.V

It was getting chilly outside. Where was Leon? He messaged me hoursago asking to meet behind the cinema, and now he's late. Where is he?

I rubbed my arms, trying to warm up and wishing I'd brought a jacket.The sun had already set but there was still a little light in thesky. The clouds danced with pinks, purples and oranges. Street lightswere flicking to life, cars turned on their headlights, and starswere beginning to shine above me.

I rocked back and forth, bouncing off the cinema wall, trying to keepwarm while I wait. I checked my phone for the millionth time; notexts from Leon saying he was running late. I decided to message him.

I sent a quick message and hit send. Pressing my phone to my chin, Iwaited. And waited and waited. No reply. Ten more minutes past and Idecided to head into the cinema to keep warm. If he got here andcouldn't find me then he can call or something. I wasn't freezing mybutt off any longer.

I turned to head inside when someone grabbed my arm. I sighed withrelief.

"Finally," I laughed, turning around to face Leon.

Only... it wasn't Leon. It was a tall guy I didn't know.

"What are you-?" I tried to ask, but the guy shoved me into thewall. The wind was knocked out of me and I gasped for air. The guydidn't stop though. He grabbed onto the front of my shirt andrepeatedly smashed me into the wall. I wanted to call out for help,but I hadn't been able to regain my breath.

Everything hurt; I mustered my strength, trying to shove the guy offof me. I tried to kick, but the lack of oxygen to my brain was makingme dizzy. My vision was beginning to blur. Where was the guy? On myleft? On my right? My lungs were screaming for air. I could smellblood. Then I passed out.

*

I was in pain; a lot of pain. And I was cold. I opened my eyes, andmaybe I was blind or maybe it was dark; I couldn't really tell. I wason the floor, laying on my left side, and the ground was really cold.It was like concrete or tiles maybe, concrete I think. My head wasthrobbing. The only thing I could hear was my heartbeat pounding inmy ears and my jagged breath. What happened?

My hands were tied. I rolled onto my stomach, trying to shake myhands free. No use, I was pretty sure it was duct tape. I rolled backonto my side and then over onto my back; I wiggled to try and sit up.I had a good look around then. I must be in a basement, because therewas a fine line of light shinning under a door and I could just makeout stairs leading up to it. There were loads of stuff around me,probably tools or something; I couldn't make out what they were.

Tools? Maybe I could find something sharp to free my hands.Carefully, I pulled my feet up and rolled onto them, coming up ontomy knees. I shuffled around quickly, feeling around with my knees forsomething- anything- that could help me. I could smell blood, orrust, or both.

I could feel something wet and sticky down the left side of my face,and my skin stung there, but I didn't want to think too much aboutthat right now. I had to focus on escaping.

I paused, I could hear footsteps and voices. I swung my gaze up tothe door and saw a shadow come across the floor. My heart beatfaster. The door clicked and then swung open. I was blinded by lightas a figure appeared at the top of the stairs. I blinked in thelight, and the guy came down the stairs. There was something in hishands, something long. A bat? No, it had something sharp at one end.It was an axe.

The guy reached out and flicked the basement light on. I could seeanother person at the top of the stairs. They were hidden in theshadow, but they were short.

"He's awake, you know what to do," said the person at the stairs,a female voice. She sounded young. I looked up at the guy, panicsinking in.

"Night night," the guy grinned. Then everything went black.

*

Leon's P.O.V

I arrived at the cinema out of breath. Someone had stolen my car, myphone and wallet inside. I'd had to run to the police and report it,then run to the cinema to find Zach. I was so late. I would just haveto beg for his forgiveness. I'm sure he'll understand.

I got to the cinema and looked around. There was no sign of him;strange. I raced around the front and checked inside. Nope. Don'ttell me he left? I checked outside again before deciding to head tohis house.

Something caught my attention on the ground a few feet away. I walkedover to see a phone, Zach's phone. I knew it was his because apicture of me was the lockscreen.

A text popped up right then, a text from my phone. But I didn't havemy phone. It was a picture message. I entered Zach's security codeand opened the message. My heart stopped in my chest. What I wasseeing couldn't be real. Zach... on the ground... so much blood.There was a caption underneath.

You know where to find me, sweetheart <3

Don't call the police or Zach is dead xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mouki out~