Chapter Twelve

It's 4:50 AM, I stayed up extra late just to upload this for you, so you better be grateful. I'm so tired I can't even see the words I'm writing, it's just a big blur.

Obviously I'm kissing, or I could accidentally write something squirrel!

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Zach's P.O.V

Neither Leon nor I spoke while he drove us away from the school and kept driving. I didn't know what to say anyway. My mind was reeling with a million questions so fast that I was forming a headache.

Finally Leon pulled up at the beach and got out. I followed him down to the shore. It was overcast today, and it smelt like rain. I had a feeling it would any minute. But the sea was still and there was no breeze, though the air was kind of warm.

We stood there for a long time, I don't know how long exactly, but it was slowly getting orange as the sun set behind the clouds. Finally he spoke.

"Did you find your phone?" he asked. I frowned, what did that have to do with anything?

"Yeah, I found it in my locker after lunch. I don't even know how it got there," I laughed nervously. How did he know about that anyway? It only went missing for a few hours this morning and I didn't even see Leon during then. There was a short break before Leon spoke again.

"I can't be with you right now," he said. It wasn't too bad a blow, I had already been expecting it. He continued, "I've got something else going on in my life right now that I don't want to drag you into." He spoke with his back to me, but when he finished he turned around so his back was to the ocean.

"Okay," I breathed. I hadn't even expected him to kiss me, so I wasn't planning on a relationship anyway. All I'd been thinking on the ride here was, why?

"Will you trust me?" he asked, looking me directly in the eyes. His green ones were so charming and alluring, but right now they were serious.

"I don't know," I replied. After shooting me down so publicly and then kissing me, I wasn't sure what was real and what wasn't anymore. He shook his head and stepped closer, placing his hands on my shoulders and really looking deep into my eyes.

"Stay away from me for a couple of days, okay? I need time to sort things out. When it's all over I'll come find you," he explained. I tried to shrug but his hands weighed me down.

"Okay, I don't care. Do what you want," I said. Leon looked troubled. He frowned for a minute, then leant in slowly- pausing to allow me time to pull away, but I didn't- and kissed me again.

My stomach did back-flips, my nerves stood on end just like before. I couldn't believe he was kissing me. I didn't understand the thing he was talking about, but right now I didn't care. There was a reason he turned me down, and I don't know why if he's now kissing me like this, and it still hurts; but this was certainly making it better.