Chapter Nine

Take a moment to become more aware of all the poor animals in the world. They have just as much right being here as we do, and yet thousands, millions, are tortured, killed, executed, abused and more every single day. Lions are slowing becoming extinct in Africa, and there is only one male white rhino left on this entire planet. Hundreds of species have already reached extinction, and who's to blame? Us.

You might think, 'Hey, I didn't do anything!', and that's exactly what I'm saying, you didn't do anything to stop it. In your own backyard cats and dogs are being beaten and abused, starved and abandoned. The chicken you buy from the shops was stuffed in a meter square cage with fifty others, force fed chemicals to make it grow to an adult in just days.

Recently it was revealed in my country to the public that in secret, behind closed fences, little baby kittens, baby ducks, and baby bunnies were being used as live bait for greyhound training. How disgusting is that? And they weren't just letting the dogs chase the poor baby animals, oh no, they let them catch them and rip them to pieces.

It's horrifying to think about, so we see a few pictures on facebook or whatever, give it a like, and then move on. We forget about it and push it aside because we don't want to deal with it. Because it's depressing to think about and no one wants to be depressed, no one wants to kill the good vibes. But nothing is going to change if we don't have the courage to face it.

They deserve to be here, they deserve normal happy lives. They never did anything to deserve the way humans have treated them. Please, please stay aware and do what you can to help. Don't litter, and don't ignore the signs.

Please, for me.

Alright then,

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Zach's P.O.V

The weekend was so fun that at school Monday I was a little nervous. Nothing had really changed in the world, but I felt different. I wasn't going to school a loner anymore, I had two new friends to hang out with, and that made me really excited.

I waited at the front gate for Adeline and Leon to arrive. Adeline pulled up and ran to me, giving me a tight hug.

"I swear I was going to be late, I forgot about my math homework until ten minutes before I was supposed to leave and had to rush it. I'm thinking of writing an article this week about how pointless math homework is," she gushed. Adeline always plunged right into conversation. She took my arm, which seemed to be a new habit, and we walked into school together talking. Leon met us at my locker as I got my books out.

"I still haven't found a replacement player," he said as he reached us.

"Pay me to put out a notice in the school paper," Adeline told him. Leon put his arms around her shoulders.

"Or, you know, as my cousin, you could do me a family favour and put one in for free," he tried.