Chapter Four

Oh yeah, keep those comments coming. I fangirl for your fangirl hahaha

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Zach's P.O.V

"Where are we going?" I asked Adeline, looking outside the car. This wasn't the way back to her house.

"You'll see," she smirked. We'd been driving for ages. What was going on?

We pulled up to the curb of a house packed with cars out the front. The lights were all on inside and music was playing from within. It looked like everyone from school was here.

"No, no way!" I barked at Adeline. She turned the car off and took out the keys.

"Then walk home," she said and got out of her car, waiting for me. I scowled at her for a moment, then reluctantly stepped from the car and closed the door. She locked it and chuckled triumphantly.

"Why?" I whined as she headed towards the house party. I slumped behind her.

"Because Zach, you can't hide from your problems and hope they go away. If you want it, you have to go get it," she declared.

"But he doesn't like me, you saw that. He's only interested in me joining the team," I reminded her. Adeline stopped in the middle of the driveway and turned on me.

"He never said he didn't like you," she pointed out.

"That's ridiculous," I told her. She rolled her eyes and took my hand.

"Have a little faith," she said, and dragged me into the party. Heads turned as we entered the room, but no one came over and no one said anything. The music was so loud in here and the whole place smelt like smoke.

"He's probably not even here yet," I shouted over the pounding beat. Adeline squeezed my arm.

"He's here. Why do you think I drove around for so long?" she grinned. Oh great. Maybe I could avoid him the whole time.

"You came," came a voice from behind. I cringed, hoping to shrink into nothing and fade away out of sight. Adeline and I turned around to see Oliver. Oh, that's okay then.

"Hey, you're here. Great game," Adeline smiled to the soccer player. I scanned the room while they talked, hoping to spot Leon before he could spot me and escape first.

"Zach, wanna get something to drink?" Adeline asked me. I shook my head, still searching the crowd.

"Are you looking for Leon?" Oliver asked me. I looked back in surprise.

"No!" I cried too quickly and loudly. Both Oliver and Adeline laughed at me. I blushed.