Chapter Thirteen

I'm so used to seeing cope and paste in Italian that I forget copy is copy and paste is paste when I have to uploaded a chapter on here in English. haha

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach'sP.O.V

It had been a long agonising two weeks. Apart from sitting opposite sides of the classroom and cafeteria, the only time I got to see Leon was once a week at practise. And even then he hardly talked to me except to tell us what to do. He didn't text or call, and I didn't in case it upset him.

Adeline had invited me over tonight, but I was too tired from practise yesterday, so instead I was home alone Friday night with the TV. I'd put my phone in my room in a draw, not wanting it beside me as a constant reminder that Leon wasn't going to call.

After the first kiss with the person you like things are supposed to be blissful and wonderful, and amazing, right? So why did I feel so miserable?

I flopped sideways on the couch, burying my head in a pillow. I wanted to cry, but no tears would come. Luka was at his girlfriend's house, mum at a AA meeting, so I was alone. Not even my cat wanted to be around me tonight. She'd gone outside a few hours ago and wouldn't come back.

The worst part was, I hadn't even actually been rejected. Leon had just said he couldn't be with me 'right now'. And instead of being my friend like he said he was going to be, he was avoiding me completely. Was this some kind way of trying to let me down? Cause if it was, it sucked.

But he kissed me? Surely a straight guy who wanted to reject the gay guy that liked him wouldn't kiss him? I have no idea anyway. I'd thought over all this so many times I didn't know what made sense and what didn't anymore.

There was a knock at the front door.

"Go away!" I groaned into the pillow. Adeline had threatened earlier to come around and kidnap me, I guess she'd finally chosen to do so.

The door knocked again. I knew Adeline wouldn't just leave if I pretended not to be here. Plus the lights were on, and she knew I was home. It knocked again. I groaned and thrashed on the couch, not wanting to get up. Why can't people just let me wallow alone in my own self pity for five minutes? I'll be strong and independent tomorrow.

I dragged my feet to the door and slowly unlocked it, then swung it open. Adeline stood there beaming at me, her arms filled with boxes of pudding cups. I sighed, shaking my head, a smile slipped onto my lips despite my effort to hide it.

"You know me too well," I said and stepped aside, letting her in. She walked right past me and headed into the living room, setting herself down on the couch and placing the boxes on the coffee table. I closed the front door and joined her in my own living room. Adeline was comfort. She looked like rainbows and smelt like cupcakes.

"I have something to confess," Adeline said, her smile gone. She looked serious, and she wouldn't meet my eyes. I frowned and waited for her to go on. She didn't at first, then realised I wasn't going to drop the subject and spoke up.

"Well... you know how Leon has been trying to set me up with Oliver for ages," she began. I nodded. Hearing Leon's name twinged me a little, but I didn't say anything. I wanted her to go on. I needed the distraction, and she knew it. It's why she was here.

"Okay, so, I was hanging back at school, you know, finishing off my latest article. Well Oliver found me and we started talking. I was just being polite so I went along with it. And it was kind of good, he was surprisingly into helping animals too. Maybe he was faking it for my benefit, but I don't think so. He seemed kind of passionate. Anyway, so finally I was going to leave, and he stopped me... and he told me he liked him. Like, really liked me," Adeline explained. I gawked at her.

"Like like you? Not just a hook up? Are you sure he wasn't saying that to just hook up?" I asked, bewildered. I hadn't thought Oliver was all that keen to be honest. Adeline nodded to me.

"Yeah, he was really genuine. He told me all the things he liked about me and why, and that he'd fallen for me a while ago, and the reason Leon was pushing us together was because he'd told him about his feelings for me and Leon was trying to help him out because he was shy. But Oliver realised that wasn't working and plucked up the courage to actually talk to me properly. Who knew, right?" Adeline laughed nervously at the end. Yeah, it sounded like something Leon would do. Or would have done, if I knew who he really was anymore...

"So what did you tell him?" I asked. Adeline shrugged and popped open a pudding cup.

"I told him I'd think about it," she said, and shot back the pudding. I grabbed a cup too and did the same. Mmmm, why does pudding make it all better?

"So you like him?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe," she replied. Yeah, maybe...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taglia, Copia, Incolla!!!! I don't even speak Italian!!!

Mouki out~