Chapter Three

Don't call my name, don't call my name, Alejandro. I'm not your babe, I'm not your babe... no? That's a shame.

So I'll reveal a little secret. A few weeks ago I considered deleting my entire Wattpad account and giving up. I was still going to write, I just wasn't going to post anything. Then I had a vision of Zach and Leon taking a long walk on the beach, and here we are.

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Zach's P.O.V

Was I ready to explode at the thought Leon Mackenzie inviting me personally to come watch his soccer game? Are you kidding? I practically faint thinking about it. He's so god damn sexy, and that's just a bonus. It's his personality I fell for. He's just so friendly and cool with everyone. I'm this nobody gay kid and he talked to me like I was one of his mates. I can barely form a sentence around him and he just talks casually like it's no big deal. I mean it isn't a big deal, not to him at least.

Seeing him interact with family right in front of me was a real treat, I got to see a more open side to him and I love that. I want to get closer to him. Having Adeline take a shine to me might not be a bad thing after all. Not that I want to use her to get closer to Leon or anything, it's just a perk.

Adeline has invited me to stay over hers tonight so that we could go to the game and come straight back to hers. I hadn't visited someone else's house in a very long time, let alone slept over. I was feeling kind of nervous about it. Also about going to the game with those crowds of people. I was bouncing in the car seat trying to develop an escape plan.

"It'll be fine. You might even have fun, imagine that," Adeline laughed sarcastically, mocking me. I turned and scowled at her.

We were drawing close now, I knew because I could hear music pounding not far away. It was dusk now, and I could see a glow above the trees on the next street over.

"I thought this was a soccer game?" I asked Adeline. She grinned.

"It is. People just really get into it," she explained. We rounded a corner and pulled up at the stadium, there were hundreds of cars lined up on the street. Spotlights lit up the field and stands, and crowds moved all around the pitch. Some were dancing on the sidelines, others sitting and eating. Rows of food stalls lined the fence with cues across the field.

"All this for a soccer game?" I gawked. Adeline found a spot and shut off the engine.

"It's not just a soccer game. Wait until you see them play," she winked. I frowned and hopped out of the car. It wasn't cold, despite being the middle of June. It must be the atmosphere, it was electric.

Adeline and I headed into the crowd and found some seats at the back. The two teams playing were out on the field warming up. I found our school's blue and sought out Leon. He was up the front leading the team, his brown hair already sticking to his neck with sweat. I had to admit, he looked really good in that uniform. It was sexier than the school one.