Chapter Fourteen

Sorry it took me so long to upload guys, I had to go back and edit and rewrite a few things to make way for new ideas in later chapters.

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks ago. . .

Leon's P.O.V

I was sitting casually on the bleachers after practise, packing away the last of the gear before school started. I had to get someone for the team soon or we'd have to forfeit the entire season, and goodbye scholarship.

"I see you've changed your group of friends," came a voice. My stomach dropped deep into the pit of hell. I looked up and scowled at the young girl walking towards me, hands clasped innocently behind her. She smiled sweetly at me, but I knew she was not sweet.

"What do you want?" I growled. She raised an eyebrow.

"Is that anyway to speak to your girlfriend?" she asked, batting her eyelashes at me. She even tried to dress innocent, wearing a flowery white dress and red ballet shoes. Her hair was tied up high with a red ribbon.

"You're not my girlfriend, nor have you ever been or ever will be. Stop harassing me and stalking me or I'm going to call the police," I warned her darkly. I rose slowly, picked up the sports equipment bag and shouldered it, before beginning to walk away.

"Is that what you tell Zachariah Jones?" she called after me. I froze, but didn't look back. "I hear he's developed quite the crush," Chloe added. I gritted my teeth, my rage beginning to bubble to the surface. I turned carefully on my heel but didn't step any closer. I locked eyes with her and gave the darkest glare I could summon.

"I said, leave me alone!" I spat to her. She didn't look phased. She just stood there rocking back and forth on her heels and smiling.

"You better leave him alone," she sing-songed. "Or I will make his life miserable. He's not quite as diligent as you are, my love. He's much more fragile and timid. I could really make him hurt." And with that, Chloe turned on her heel and skipped away. I dropped the equipment bag and burst out laughing hysterically and uncontrollably. She wouldn't, she couldn't. This was just another trick to get me to go out with here. She's a freaking psychopath!

I scooped up the bag and raced to my car, dumping it in the boot. I quickly got into the front seat and pulled out my phone, dialling Zach. His phone rang, and rang... and rang. But he didn't pick up. I knew he'd be here at school by now, the bell was going to ring any minute. I hung up and tried again. After the fifth time it picked up.

"Zach?" I asked.

"Try again," laughed a deep male voice on the phone, and then it hung up. I coughed, feeling like I was about to throw up. You have got to be kidding me!

I hopped out of my car and raced into school, looking through the halls for Zach. I spotted him by his locker, getting things out for class. I was about to step forward when something caught my attention. At the end of the corridor, close to where Zach was standing, Chloe came into view; a tall stranger by her side.

She smiled and waved to me, then pointed to Zach and pretended to slice her own throat. How was no one else seeing this? She doesn't even go here!

I gulped and turned around, stepping out of sight around the corner. I had to find another way.

*

I dropped Zach off at home after a crazy afternoon that I was still trying to wrap my head around, and then got down to business. Chloe and anyone else involved had to be stopped once and for all. Chloe was watching me someone. I wasn't going to let anything happen to Zach, especially not because of me.

Did I... like him? I guess I did. I hadn't ever thought about it before. When I'd overheard Adeline and Zach talking, and came to the realisation that he liked me, I hadn't really put too much thought into it. I have a lesbian cousin, so it wasn't really a big deal to me. I was flattered, but that was about as much thought I put into it. I'd only decided to say something if he ever confessed to me, and he'd said he wasn't going to do that. So I was going to let him be until he decided he was ready or moved on, or whatever.

But I guess my own feelings had been building too for a while. It's why it was so easy to talk to him at the beginning; why it was so easy to be friends with him, and why I wanted to get close to him and help him. Which was why now I had to stop Chloe. But how?

I drove around the streets aimlessly as a plan formed in my head. I slowly pieced everything together, working out the kinks and going over the details. All in all it was pretty simple, I just had to execute it without getting caught. It was going to be tricky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next chapter shouldn't take so long to come out. I still have to add a few fine details but that shouldn't take too long. Happy writing XD

Mouki out~