Chapter Seven

If you're happy and you know it, click to vote!

If you're happy and you know it, and you really want to show it, if you're happy and you know it write a comment! :P

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Leon's P.O.V

I didn't want to pick up the phone once I saw who was calling, but I didn't have a choice. If I didn't pick up she'd keep ringing and ringing. If I turned off my phone she'd come looking for me. I didn't need that hassle right now, so I went out the front to answer my phone.

"What's up?" I asked bitterly.

"Hey babe, how was the game?" came a sickly sweet voice.

"You'd know, you were there," I gritted my teeth. Anything to get the conversation over with. I'd thought about getting a restraining order out on her, but she'd probably find a way around it.

"Don't be like that, baby," Chloe faked being upset. I groaned.

"I told you not to call me that. I'm not your boyfriend," I said firmly. She giggled down the phone, sending a shiver down my spine, and it wasn't because it was cold outside.

"Oh Leon, you're so funny. When can I see you next? I'm home alone if you want to come over," she tried to entice.

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not interested!" I growled, frustrated. I couldn't help pacing the front lawn.

"Ugh, you're so mean baby! Why do you have to play hard to get? You've already got me, alright?" Chloe grumbled. The truth was, I met Chloe online a few months ago. She seemed normal to begin with, cool even, but when I made it clear I wasn't interested in a relationship with her, things got creepy. For example, her profile picture is a photo shopped couple photo of me and her kissing.

She calls me every single day, and I never even gave her my number. If I don't answer, she drives back and forth outside my house watching me. To put it bluntly, she's a crazy psycho bitch. Why don't these girls realise just because they like a guy doesn't mean he likes them back? They build it up in their heads when there's nothing there. She's even convinced her friends that we're dating and they message me frequently telling me I'm a terrible boyfriend and that she doesn't deserve someone like me. I will never understand teenage girls. Of course, one of her friends is convinced she's going to marry Niall Horan, so there you go.

"I'm going now," I said.

"Wait!" she cried, but I hung up and put my phone away. I was pretty much at my limit. If she tried anything else I'd have to go to the police. Or seek out a mental health unit. I headed back inside.

Adeline and Zach were getting ready for bed, they were both setting out blankets on the mattress. I jumped over the arm of the couch and landed on the cushions.

"Who was that?" Adeline asked nosily.

"Oliver," I lied. She bought it and I knew his name wouldn't peek any interest from her. She left it alone and hopped into bed, Zach lay down beside her. I pulled out the blanket I was sitting on and placed it over myself. I rolled over, facing the back of the couch.

"Night," I said, pulling my blankets up around my neck and settling in.

"Whatever," Adeline replied.

"Night," Zach mumbled. I lie there awake for ages, listening to the quiet mumbling of Adeline and Zach's pillow talk. I tried not to listen, I tried to fall asleep, I tried to forget how annoyed I was at myself for ever talking to Chloe in the first place, but my irritation kept me awake. And Adeline is loud, even when she's trying not to be.

"Do you think he's asleep yet?" Zach spoke first.

"No," Adeline replied.

"Some people fall asleep really quickly," he noted.

"I know, I'm jealous. I always lay awake for ages," she responded.

"My brother is like that. He falls asleep the moment his head hits the pillow." Hence pillow talk.

"Yeah, my parents are like that too."

"How about now?"

"Probably not. Why? What do you want to say that you can't say in front of him?"

"I can't say that yet, you said he's probably still awake!"

"We're whispering. Whisper it to me."

". . . Do you think he knows?" Zach asked almost too quiet for me to hear. Did I know what?

"Would he have stayed over if he did?" Adeline asked.

"Maybe. He said he doesn't care about that sort of thing," he replied. I frowned. I didn't care? Oh wait, I said earlier tonight it didn't bother me he was... gay. But he knows I know he's gay, and I'm fine with it. What else would make me not stay over if I knew about?

"Yeah I know, he's not a complete idiot. He's descent about that sort of thing. If he found out he'd probably be really nice about it, but I don't think he'd stay. I think you're safe for now," Adeline reassured Zach. I heard movement, maybe they were hugging? If only Aunt May could see her daughter in bed with a boy. I smirked at the thought.

"I'm not going to tell him. Friendship comes first," Zach breathed. I thought long and hard over what I had just heard, trying to piece it all together. I took a deep breath as it hit me, finally realising the elephant in the room.

Zach liked me.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subtle? Not subtle enough? Write a comment and vote for more juicy chapters and find out how Leon reacts to this new realization. :P

Mouki out~