Chapter Ten

I forgot about uploading yesterday :P too bad for you :P

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Zach's P.O.V

I woke up slowly; comfy where I was, I didn't want to get up. I could feel the sun shining on my ankle, it was warm and nice. There was movement in the next room, and I heard quiet chatter, but still I didn't want to move. I had no idea what time it was, but I wished it was early so I could go back to sleep for a little while longer.

"Wakey wakey," came Adeline's voice. Damn, no such chance. A gentle hand brushed my hair and I slowly creaked open my eyes. She was leaning over me smiling.

"Sleep well?" she asked. I nodded and slowly sat up. Leon was up, his couch empty.

"Sleepy," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. Adeline laughed.

"Yeah I know, but it's already midday," she told me.

"Still early then," I said. She laughed again.

"Breakfast is on the table," she said and then straightened and headed back into the kitchen. I slowly took time to compose myself from my slumber. I fixed my bed hair and straightened my clothes, before heading into the kitchen. Adeline and her mum were seated around the island bench, while her dad cooked on the stove in his dressing gown.

"Where's Leon?" I asked.

"He got a call early this morning and said he had to leave," she smiled to me. I smiled back and took the stool beside her.

After a hearty brunch Adeline and I watched some TV and then tidied the living room before she drove me home.

"I had fun," I admitted to my new best friend during the ride.

"I'm glad," she replied smugly. I rolled my eyes and hopped out of her car. I waved as she drove away and then headed into my house, my overnight bag over one shoulder. I walked through the front door and felt the relaxation of Adeline's house wash away.

"Is that you, Zach?" came my mother's voice from the living room.

"Yes!" I called back.

"You didn't do the dishes before you left," she replied grumpily. I dropped my bag from my shoulder and dragged it on the floor down the hallway towards my room, groaning.

"What's this? My little brother home from his another solo adventure!" cried a voice behind me. I ducked into my room just in time cause Luka burst from his own room and clambered down the hall after me. I kicked my door shut, too late, he was already in the room.

"They grow up so fast!" Luka sobbed, pulling me into a tight bear hug.

"Choking," I coughed. He didn't seem to care if he suffocated me to death. Finally he dropped me and I fell onto my bed.

I loved my room. It was dark blue with black furniture. My wooden closet to one side, my single bed on the other, and a small desk in the middle with my laptop on it, a milk crate for a chair. Okay, the milk crate I didn't love so much.

"I just reached the final chapter in Halo 4, want to play?" he asked me.

"Sure," I said and got up to follow him back to his room.

*

Monday I waited at the front entrance for Adeline and Leon to show up.

And I waited... and I waited. Finally the bell rang for home room and I had to go. Where were they? In home room I sat alone, wondering what had happened. My phone buzzed- thankfully I'd put it on silent- with a message. I discreetly pulled it out under the table to read it. It was from Adeline.

Sorry bub, I've got a cold and wont be coming to school today. Say hi to Leon for me ;)

Aw, that sucked. But at least it was just a cold. I wrote her a quick reply and then put my phone away.

I didn't have any classes today with Leon until after lunch, so lunch was the first time I was going to see him all day. I made my way to the cafeteria and looked around. I found him, over at the back table sitting with his usual friends. I quickly got a tray of food and went over to join him.

"Hey," I said when I reached his side. Leon didn't look up at me, he just looked at his food, picking at a chicken sandwich. I frowned.

"Leon?" I asked.

"What do you want, fag?" asked a girl across the table.

"I... ah, just thought..." I tried, but I was so confused.

"Thought what? That our star player would actually want to hang out with you? Get lost loser," she laughed and waved me away. I looked back at Leon to see if he'd speak up, but he just picked at that damn sandwich. My eyes met Oliver's as I began to turn away and my heart stopped when I saw him grinning; not with me, at me.

I didn't understand it. Why was Leon being like this? Had I done something wrong? Had he finally found out I was crushing on him? But it'd been ages since I'd talked to Adeline about it, so why now was he acting like this now? And he knew I was gay, so why is he being so distant? His cold silence pierced right through me like ice. He refused to look at me, refused to acknowledge I was even there; that I even existed.

I turned on my heel and made a brisk B-line from the cafeteria, dumping my tray of food in the trash as I went, and rushed out the double doors. I didn't understand, what had I done wrong? I raced down the corridor, holding my face in my hands. I wasn't going to let him see how much he'd hurt me. I wasn't going to let them see me cry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mwahahahahahaha, sorry not sorry :P

Vote and comment if you want the next chapter XD

Mouki out~