Chapter Seventeen

I make no apologies for taking so long to upload this chapter. I had writer's block. 

 ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leon's P.O.V

I picked Zach up for school on Monday. Needless to say there were a few shocked faces when he stepped out of my car. I couldn't help but smile at his blush.

"Hey, Leon, how's it going?" called one of the guy's from the team. He came over and patted me on the back, ignoring Zach completely. I stepped out of his reach, walked around the car, and took Zach's hand, before turning towards the school.

"Dude, what?" the guy asked. I didn't turn back to look at his face.

"We shouldn't," Zach murmured, trying to pull his hand free. I turned to face him at the top of the steps, oblivious to everyone else.

"I've got no problem with showing people I'm with you," I reassured him. "If you are?" I added. He blushed deeper, but smiled and pushed open the school doors.

"Woo hoo, about time!" Adeline shouted from the end of the corridor. She laughed as she ran up to us and ruffled Zach's hair.

"Ads, stop!" Zach whined, batting her hand away.

"What the f*ck, man?" Brock, also from the team, growled, coming over to us.

"You a fag now?" asked another. I let go of Zach's hand, and wrapped it around his shoulders.

"You've all met my boyfriend, Zach," I told them. They looked outraged.

"Oh, I'm sorry, does my love life offend you? Excuse us then," Iadded and led Zach away from the haters, Adeline followed close behind.

"I like this new Leon," Adeline laughed, patting me on the back affectionately.

"You really don't mind?" Zach asked me, opening his locker. I grabbed his shoulders and turned him to face me.

"I really don't mind," I said, and then kissed him on the lips right there in front of everyone. I was going to make up for everything I'd put Zach through, and then some.

*

Zach's P.O.V

Ugh, my head hurts. I don't really know what's going on. All day people were staring and whispering, and pointing at me and Leon. I don't really know how to feel. I usually don't care what people think, but I also usually don't get that much attention at one time.And of course I'm happy about being with Leon, and that Leon certainly isn't afraid to show it... but... I guess I'm just nervous cause I've never been in a relationship before.

"What are you thinking about?" Leon asked me suddenly, gazing at my face fondly. We'd left together when school finished and went to the same beach we'd visited together before. The air was crisp and fresh here, and the sounds of the gentle salty waves were calming.But inside me was a raging inferno. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and frolic naked in the icy sea.

Okay, probably not that last part, but still.

"Just... thinking," I sighed, running a hand back through my hair. Leon sidled closer, draping an arm around me and pulling me closer to his side.

"Are you having second thoughts?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow tome. I shook my head furiously.

"No, no, not at all. I want to be with you!" I rushed. He smiled,leaning in and brushing his nose lightly to my cheek. He smelt so good; musky and fresh. It gave me tingles.

"Good," Leon laughed. I turned myself more towards him, leaning into his neck a little further.

"This is really what you want, right?" I asked, frowning. Leon laughed again, patting my back.

"For the millionth time, yes. Why do you keep asking?" he said. I felt a blush creep up as my face burnt against the cool afternoon breeze. I averted my eyes back to the sea. Leon nudged me, urging an answer. I finally sighed and replied.

"You're... you. And I'm... me," I breathed. Leon frowned.

"Yes?" he questioned. I rolled my eyes and looked right at him this time.

"You're captain of the soccer team, and really social at school.And you're really really good looking. And I'm... I'm average," I trailed off at the end. Leon's smile faded. He leant back, then reached up with both hands and cupped my face. His fingers were cold on my blushing red skin.

"Zach, I like you, I really like you. You! Not anyone else, okay? I'm with you.And you're amazing. So unless you question my sanity and want to get me tested, you'll have to trust my judgement," he confessed. I had to admit, a smile began to ease upon my lips. And my blush only grew deeper.

"I do question your sanity," I laughed. Leon rolled his eyes,smirking; and then leant in to give me a kiss. He was smooth, I'll give him that.

We finally pulled away to catch our breaths.

"I should get you home, the sun's about to set," Leon stated,jumping off the hood of his car. He held out a hand for me but I didn't take it as I slid off to the ground.

"Do you have to?" I asked optimistically. Leon grinned.

"Why? What did you have in mind?" he asked, playing along; taking a step forward in the process.

"We could get something to eat? I'm not in a hurry to get home,"I tried to lure. Leon bit his lip, leaning in towards me.

"Yeah? Where did you have in mind?" he asked. I closed the distance between us by wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling his body against mine.

"There's a quiet place not far up the coast, twenty minutes drive,"I told him. Leon grinned and kissed me softly.

"Sounds perfect," he chuckled.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also don't regret making you wait hehehe

Mouki out~