Chapter 7

I sat on the top of a sky scraper and watched them moving about below me. I felt so hurt and unloveable. Even if Aaron did like me I couldn't have him. Why did I think I could be loved? Why did I think I could love myself. Theres no telling what I can do when i'm mad. No one knows what we have to go through. Immortalilty, this curse placed on me. My only fate. 

My eyes glowed green so fast it shocked me. You would have thought there was some kind of bright flashlight shining from the top of the building. The entire place was covered in red film and the animal in me searched for an unfortunate target. 

My breathing sped up as I got into my attack position and I felt my control slip from my hands. I spotted a middle aged prostitute walking with a young girl.

What was she doing? I gracefully fell behind a dumpster and listened to the conversation. 

"You have to make them want it. Tease them a little."

You could tell she was a smoker. Her voice was raspy, but she was definitely beautiful. Her dark brown hair was tied into a sloppy pony tail, and she wore too much make up. The eyeliner made her brown eyes more pronounced and her lips spelled sultry. She was teaching the teenager how to sell herself I guessed. 

I felt my face go into a frown as I thought about it and quickly washed the feeling away with a growl. They stopped walking and turned to see what animal they heard. I walked out with the bag swung across my back and tilted my head to the side. Their eyes roamed down my naked body. Humans are such vouyers.

Their face showed nothing bust fear. It was never a pleasant sight. To see someone in fear the moment before they die? I didn't speak to them even though they threw questions at me. 

"Who are you? What do you want?" 

I decided to prove to myself what a monster I was and take both of them instead of saving the younger girl. I took them both by the hands and pushed off into the sky. I didn't want to kill them savagely. They screamed as I flew past buildings almost slamming them into a few. I chuckled at the slight fun I was having. 

It's been a while since I killed a human this way. As I became farther and farther away from the ground, it became harder for them to breathe. They began choking and gasping for air. 

I watched their faces turn blue as their body ran out of the most important compound it needed. 

"Sorry, theres no oxygen." I mumbled. The choking siezed as the life slipped away from them and I frowned. It's a shame humans cant see how beautiful the night is up close. I sped up annoyed by the weight of them dangling in my hands and slowed down when I approached Sunad. 

I looked down at the palace and my flock walking around. How was I going to get them through? 

I decided it was a bad idea to risk bringing their bodies to the land. I flew a couple thousand feet above Sunad and left the bodies on a cloud. Quickly I went back down to the house and knocked our door. 

"Minx name?" She asked. 

"Open the door." I stated monotone. 

"What is your minx name?" You could tell Eve felt like playing. I sighed and dropped the bag before flying up and plummeting down through the cieling leaving a whole in our cloud. Eve looked at me infuriated. 

"Uri! This is our house! Why would you do that?" She firmly whispered. I ignored her and opened the door from the inside, turning the knob that unlocked the faulty door we took from a burnt building. I dragged the bag into the room and hid it under my bed. 

"Excuse my mood. I brought you food." 

Her eyes dimmed and she could not be mad at me for another second. "Really? Thank you then." 

I nodded and she continued. "I suppose I can't be mad at you, I'm starving." 

I sat on my cloud and braided my hair. "Well...where is it?" Eve asked. I wearily got up and walked outside, she followed. I took her hand and we both shot up into the sky.

It didn't take long to sense wear I put the bodies. The smell was so sweet, it hit us before we were at the cloud. Eve deeply inhaled then let out a hungry moan. 

"They smell good." I smiled and settled on a cloud. She looked them over before taking the clothes and hair accesories she's been wanting. Once everything was pushed to the side Eve became a starving beast. I turned as I heard the ripping of their joints. 

I hated seeing them being torn apart. Maybe I was the only minx in all of my flock that ate like a lady and actually -"Chew with your mouth closed." I said turning away from her. 

I planned to disgaurd the clothes the prostitute was wearing, no need for another comment from those girls at school. I sunk my teeth into the brown haired girl and felt her warm blood pour into my mouth. I waited untill there was no more before I devoured every part of her. 

"You should eat before you drink." Eve said with a smile. I looked at her confused. 

"That's impossible." 

She laughed and wiped her mouth on her hand, happy. "How do those vampires just stop at the blood?" She asked interested. 

I shrugged and wiped my own mouth. We did as we usually do and raced each other to the pond to wash off. I felt so distant after. Lying in "bed" as the humans called it. I couldn't rest. I wondered about Aaron. Was he thinking of me in his world? 

If he was thinking of me, it couldn't be anything other than how I was a weird girl who tried to kiss him. Eve moved around in her bed. 

"Are you asleep?" I mumbled. She didn't answer. I felt lonely. 

"Are you sleeping?" I said a bit louder. She groaned. 

"You have woken me up. What is it?" 

I thought a moment, I don't know why I woke her up. I wasn't going to tell her about Aaron. It was embarassing. She sighed and her eyes began glowing. I laughed at how quick tempered she could be. 

"Did Demicus ask for me today?" I asked, trying to find something. To my surprise he did. 

I jumped up worried. "What did you say?" I asked stearing into the dark. I could see her clearly. 

"I told him you were went back to Terra Nova because you miss our old land." 

"Where did you come up with such a good lie?" I asked amazed. 

"Because I miss Terra Nova." She mumbled dissapointed. Eve and I were born in Terra Nova. It was our birthplace. Terra Nova is also where Eve's mom died. No wonder she missed it. I gave a sympathetic pur and waited for her to pur back. Minx rarley ever purred unless they were in love. Only lovers pur. I guess we were lovers then. 

"Uri?" She called. I didn't answer, I saw it unnecessary. "How did you kill the humans? There was not a drop of blood on them."  

I proudly smiled. "They suffocated on the way here. I wanted some company." 

Eve laughed so hard she rolled off the bed.

"You bloody bastard." She let out.

"Eve it wasn't that funny." I said smiling. She really made me forget about things sometimes. She didn't even have to do much. 

"I'm sleepy. Goodnight." I mumbled. I pretended to be asleep before she gave an upsetting reply. 

"Uri! You woke me up! Your so creul." She kept saying as she fell back into a sleep of her own. When I was sure she had dozed off, I mumbled. 

"I miss Terra Nova too."