Chapter 4

I stayed up in the tree of his backyard and could clearly see his eyes opening, even though I was many feet away. His hand stretched over to his table and clicked a button on an annoying device that barks out sounds. That is a horrible way to wake up.

You should wake up to something peaceful, such as bird noises or water drops. He threw off his covers and sat at the edge of his bed, shirtless. His body was not as fit as that of Demicus. But his arms looked nice.

I am not sure why I am drawn to this human boy specifically. Maybe it was because he was the first human boy I saw in my entire life. All the other humans would just have to settle with being compared to him.

His skin was smooth and a deep brown and his eyes were bright and hazel brown. His mother, Carol, he once told me, is italian, and his father, Terrance, he's african american. 

His skin seemed to have a mix of both. I would have thought it odd to be any other way. If he was as pale as his mother, he would be unnattractive and if he was as dark as his father, it would be too dark. But he mixed perfectly. He blended in with his pairs, with races, and with his skin. Like I do when I'm here. 

A few minutes passed and I watched him slide a shirt down the 4 buldges seperated by a straight line on his stomach. He idled around the house before leaving and walking to his car. 

Lightly I hopped from tree to tree, following his path, even though I already knew how to get to the school. I got down from the trees when he landed in the parking lot, straightened up my clothes, slipped on some lip gloss and walked up to him. 

"Hello How nice to see you again." I smile like they do and look into his hazel eyes, shinning with the light. How beautiful they were. 

"Uri. Whats up? Where ya been girl?" He wrapped his arms around me for a quick embrace and I held my breath, not wanting to inhale his sweet scent. I lightly patted his back before dropping my hands and he looked at me with eyebrows pointing down. I think that means dont pat when you hug. 

"Nothing is up. I have just been studying for exams. How are you Aaron?" I replied, still smiling. I knew that guys liked girls to smile at them. Their heart rate either speeds up or settles down. It's a sign of nervousness in some. HIs heart rate didn't seem to unsteady though. Was I doing something wrong? 

"I'm okay. I would rather not be here, but you know how it is." He answered. He smiled back at me then his eyes scanned around the school parking lot. 

"Would you like to go somewhere else then?" I asked. His eyes flashed to mine and then a child like smile appeared on his face. How delightful. "What do you mean?" He asked. 

"You don't want to be here. You shouldn't have to." I answered. I knew how welcoming my voice was to them. It was made to attract predators, which humans are. My eyes locked on his and really, though I did give him an option to say no, he didn't have much of a choice. 

I took his hand and pulled him a long side me, heading to the mall a couple blocks down the street. I heard his heart rate grow, which was just the signal I was looking for. Contact makes them nervous too.  

                                                 *********************************************

My life here is built around lies. "What do you do for fun?" He questioned. Sticking a hot dog into his mouth. He would make a great minx with that apetite. It attracted me. 

I shrug before answering. "I just hang out with my family I guess, and I have a best friend. I love her.  We do everything together." I remembered Eva. I guess they weren't completely lies. But family isn't exactly a flock flying around, and a girls best friend shouldn't be an alien. 

He sighed. "Thats cool. I don't have a best friend." 

His face went into a pout then he laughed. I smiled but didn't laugh with him, as they would usually like. "Why dont you?" I asked, trying to look interested. 

"Because, I cant trust much people. I have been hurt by a lot of people, including cute girls." He smiled and leaned close to me then settled back into his chair. "Trust issues I guess. I can't be completely honest with anyone, and its alway the same for them." 

I felt my mood fall slightly. I want to be the first person he can trust. But I wouldn't be able to be completely honest with him either. "Sorry Aaron." I said. 

He shook his head. "Nah, don't even worry about it. Its fine." He chuckled. His white sharp teeth peeking out of his slightly full lips. But I did worry. I want him to be happy, he deserves it. 

I took his hand into mine. "I can be your best friend." I mumbled in the low and softest voice I could find. He kissed my hand. "Well you can try." He said. Just then I felt a stinging pain down my back and through my wings. "Ow!" I yelped. 

Aaron's eyes widened. "Everything ok?" He asked panicking. "Yea!" I answered. I got up and got my purse. "I'm sorry, I gotta go." I said. He looked confused. 

"Can't you stay just a couple more minutes." My wings stinged again then struggled to break free. The pain was almost unbearable.

"No. I am so sorry. I'll see you soon." I quickly walked down the stairs then began running when he could no longer see me. My breathes were short and I wanted to cry out. I made my way out the doors of the mall then ran behind a tall brown building. I tried not to scream too loudly as my wings wripped through my clothes and took me up through the sky in split seconds. I sore back to Sunad unwillingly and slightly miserable then remember, I brought nothing back for Eva.