Chapter 6

I sat through the boring hours of what you humans called school. it angered me how much time you have to spend here. Can't you just learn something my memorizing it in less than a second. Why would you even copy notes? 

I never have understood why humans go to such extents to learn. It comes so easy for minx. You see something once and its cemented in your brian for life. Your hear a voice ad you can identify the person immediately. 

A song played once can be memorized, down to the beats of the drum and the notes of the piano. I didn't need school, but I wanted to be like the humans. They were so different and beautiful. They thought and cared for people. Actual compassion. 

The first time I saw it, it stunned me. I almost cried. 

I know i'm anything but human, but to live in the life of one for a day interests me. Theres something I have always wanted to do though. Fall in love. 

I mean minx can fall in love but its not quite the same thing. When we fall in love it is nothing more than a spell cast up on the female that prohibits her from leaving. 

The positive thing about this, is that for the spell to activate, both the female and the male must fall in love. The negative thing about this is that if down the road, you stop loving the person. There isn't much you can do about it. Your almost bound in a sense. 

I guess it's like marriage without divorce. A life time commitment. I think of it as eternal condemnation. I do not want to fall inlove with a minx. I want a human. 

I shuddered. I never admitted that to my self before. 

"Please pay attention Jesse." The teacher said. Her white hair spread unevenly across her back and she squinted behind her glasses. 

I glanced at the board and read over the math problem, the answer came before I finished reading. 

"Take a minute to do this problem, then someone can come up to the board." said Ms. Lane. 

I rose my hand. "There's no limit." I answered. 

"How did you figure that out, I just wrote it on the board. Please put it up." 

I went up to the board and wrote a long equation no one could understand. It would take years to explain it to them. I turned around and faced their confused faces then erased the board and wrote the simple answer they were use to. 

While everyone shook their head and went back to their work Ms. lane steared at me in absolute astonishment. 

"See me after class." She mumbled. I groaned. WHat have I done?

I scribbled through my notebook until the bell rang then dashed out of the classroom. I had lunch with Aaron. 

"Wait! Jesse!" Ms. Lane called. 

I turned back and looked at her annoyed. 

"I want you to join our math club." I almost laughed. It was funny that she thought I even had time to fly from Sunad for stupid high school things. 

"I'm sorry. I cant. Thank you for the offer." I answered. Just then Aaron showed up at the door, he completely ignored me and looked at Ms. Lane. 

"My mom said it's fine if the next math meeting is held at my house." He spoke with a large grin on his face. 

A light bulb popped into my head and I quickly turned to Ms. Lane knowing that I was probably going to regret the discession I was making. 

"I would like to join the club." I said.