Chapter 1

I sore through the dark skies. Not looking back, not scanning the place to see if anyone is following me. Just escaping. I hate going back there. Every time I do, I don't want to leave. But I cant stay. It's not where I belong. I'm much younger than those of my flock. Only 20 human years. Frozen though, in the body of a teenager.

God, I hate being frozen in this life time. This is the worst age to relope. Relope, not in the english dictionary is one of the words that my flock has made up. It's when you stop aging. Theres a lot of reasons to stop aging, none of them very positive, because immorality truly is a curse.  

                The reason for which my aging has stopped, is not important at the moment. I'm glad I did what I did, and if I had the opportunity to kill her, I would have done it again. My mother was wicked to me. Only me. She knew I was different and left me hungry and completely disowned. My skin is pale and human like, unlike the golden opaque texture of the others in my flock. My green eyes are lighter and look more normal than theirs, however they are still very bright. Especially when I'm angry. And unlike them, I have something. Something they will never have.The thing that I hope will someday save my life. Control. 

             I can fly past planes and helicopters, smell the warm flesh, and not attack. I can jump from building to building, hear them inside and not plummet down through the ceiling and on top of their fragile necks. I can walk the streets and smile at them, ride the bus, hug them and hold their hands. But that is all. Any other form of communication or intimacy will end dreadfully horrible. For them...not me. 

           I notice I'm flying past the moon and begin to gather my thoughts. Where was I going? I flew past Tera Nova. The old town I grew up in, that Demicus destroyed. Its only been 15 years since he has burned everything to ashes. He burn't it down because he thought we were being corrupted and because many of us that lived there, went to earth now and then for food.

He begged us to keep a low profile so that humans wouldn't discover us, so killing them was against the law.

"They have satellites on some planets. Monitoring everything, checking for some form of life. If they find us, we will have to kill them, and does anyone know what will happen if we killed all the humans?" his face would be calm as he asked and as no one answered his question. Because no one knew.

"We would die. Soon we will run out of food here. We dont have more than 50 years of resources left. Humans will be all we have to eat. If flocks continue reproducing this fast, we only have 40 years worth of resources." I remember feeling like I wanted to throw up when he talked like that. He instilled fear into us, and no one went to earth. Except me. I wish I listened. God, I wish I listened.