Chapter 22

Tom's POV

     "What the hell are you doing here?" I said in a hushed tone as I approached Kelsey. She looked extremely cheap and it just wasn't the right thing to wear to a little girl's birthday party. What had gotten into her? 

       She rolled her eyes and leaned against the wall. "I got invited here, what's it look like I'm doing here? And why do you care? Shouldn't you be with your slag of a girlfriend?" Her words sliced through me, but I wasn't going to show any emotion or retaliate in any way, I could smell the stench of alcohol coming from her breath.

       "Kelsey, please, you're drunk, you're not fit to be out right now. Just, let me drive you home, okay?" No matter what our past was, I couldn't leave her in this state, whether she pissed me off or not.

      Tears formed in her eyes and her bottom lip quivered. "What happened to us, Tom?" I sighed, not really wanting to answer that here, out of all places. I lead her out to my car and helped her into the passenger seat. "Wait here, alright? I'm just gonna let Brenna know I'm bringing you home."

     She nodded and closed the door, letting her tears fall down her face. She was an absolute mess, in a way I felt bad. I shook my head of my thoughts and headed into the flat, searching all over for Brenna, but she was nowhere to be found. 

     Until I heard a loud bang.

Brenna's POV

    I walked up the stairs and into the bathroom. I could've sworn I felt someone following me but I shrugged it off. After I finished using the bathroom I walked out only to be shoved against the wall by my throat. I couldn't breathe and my eyes were closed, I was too scared to open them. I kicked and wailed all over the place but they weren't budging. 

     I felt hot breath on my ear as whoever was holding me leaned in close to whisper in my ear. "Miss me?" I froze. Why was he here? No, no, no, no, no. I opened my eyes to see Isaac inches away from my face with this smirk on his face. It scared the crap out of me.

     I shook my head repeatedly as his grip on my neck loosened just enough for me to breathe and actually form words. "I-Isaac? W-why are y-you h-h-here?" I was stuttering like an idiot but I didn't care, I just wanted to get away from him. 

      The smirk immediately left his face and was replaced by an evil glint in his eyes. "You leave me, hit me in the face, and then ask what I'm doing here? You're mine, don't you understand? Tom doesn't want you, no one does. You're coming with me whether you like it or not."

     His grip left my neck and moved to my hair, yanking me towards one of the bedrooms. I tried to scream but his hand harshly clamped over my mouth. He hit my mouth so hard my teeth dug into my lip and I could taste the copper-like liquid on my tongue. 

      "Don't you dare say a word, or I will kill you," he said through gritted teeth. Tears profusely fell down my face. I didn't care if I looked weak, I just wanted this all to end, I wanted Tom here. Isaac kept dragging me by my hair, roughly may I add, towards the bedroom. I dug my feet into the floor and kept flailing my arms around, doing everything in my power to escape him. 

     After he still didn't budge, I did the only other thing I could think of. His hand was still clamped over my mouth so I bit on the palm of his hand as hard as I could. It worked though because he let go of me quickly so he could nurse his hand. 

     I took that as my escape and made a run for it. "Get back here, dammit," I heard him say but I ignored it. I got to the second step before I was yanked back brutally by my hair and my head hit the top step. Black spots filled my vision before everything just went black.