Chapter 9

Brenna's POV

       It had been about two weeks since Tom and I kissed. Almost two weeks since he said he loved me. Almost two weeks since I got another call from Isaac. 

      He wouldn't leave me alone. He'd constantly call, text me, try and find out where I was and who I was with. I felt as if I was still the same scared fifteen year old I was three years ago. Of course I didn't tell anyone that he was trying to contact me, though. Tom probably might try and kill him, and Siva doesn't even know what Isaac did to me. I had to keep my mouth shut and just keep to myself for Noah's sake.

      "Hey girls," Tom said as he walked into the kitchen to see me and Noah sitting down at the table, eating some toast. We both had our mouths full so we smiled and waved. He leaned against the counter and folded his arms across his chest. "Well girls, seeing as it's Saturday and all three of us have the day off, I figured we could all have a day out. It gets boring being cooped up in this house." We all smiled as Noah and I finished eating and cleaning up after ourselves. All three of us migrated to the living room to sit and think about what to do. 

      "We could go to the zoo or an amusement park or somewhere fun." Tom looked at Noah and smiled. "I think you should decide, since your birthday is coming up. What would you like to do munchkin?" She sat and pondered for a bit before getting up and walking towards him. She looked at him with her beautiful hazel eyes and smiled. "I've never been to the zoo before. Can we go?" she said in a kind voice. "Sounds good," he said.

       After we all finished getting ready we headed out the door, into the car, and to the zoo. The lady at the desk must have known who he was and what he did because we got a disount on tickets. We walked inside and he knelt down to Noah's height. "Alright, which animals do you want to see first? There's birds, penguins, monkeys, all sorts of things here." I already knew her answer as she's been obsessed with monkeys since I can remember.

        "Monkeys!" She shouted with a big grin on her face. Tom nodded and picked her up to give her a piggy back ride. This man really melts my heart. The way he treats Noah is amazing. I was falling for him hard, and it terrified me, but at the same time I didn't care. I loved him. 

        After the monkeys exhibit we walked around and saw every animal there was to see in there. Tom bought Noah a disposable camera so she could take pictures and we got them developed once she was done. There was one photo she got some lady to take for her. It was of her, Tom, and I, and it was absolutely beautiful. Almost like a family portrait. But I knew it wasn't. Just a memorable outing. 

        Tom took us out to eat after the zoo. "So did you girls have fun today?" he asked as he took a bite of his burger. Noah nodded furiously as she beamed with happiness, reciting her whole day for us as if we weren't with her. I noticed Tom staring at me at one point. I looked at him and he blushed a bit, smiling his cute cheeky smile towards me. I smiled and winked to him and turned my attention back to Noah.

     We finished about an hour and a half later and decided to stop by Siva's flat to visit him and Nareesha. They were watching her nieces today as well so i figured Noah could spend some time with people her own age. "Hey guys," Nareesha said as she opened the door and let us in. Noah ran straight towards the girls and they went in the other room to play. 

     I smiled at her, but my smile instantly faded once I walked into the kitchen. My heart felt like it stopped and I had to hold onto the wall to keep my balance. I felt the tears threatening to escape my eyes but I didn't care. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. I was numb and all the fear that had just about left me came rushing back. I just stared at him sitting in the chair staring at me with a smug look on his face. That all too familiar face that I wanted to forget so bad. 

       Isaac's face.