Chapter 21

Brenna's POV

      He just hit me. He just fucking hit me. I was no longer sad, I was just enraged. "Get out. Get out now!" I punched him as hard as I could in the chest but he didn't budge. 

      "I'm sorry Brenna, I'm so sorry. I didn't m-mean to, I-I don't know what happened. P-please, I'm sorry," he stuttered, completely in shock. But I didn't care. Shaking my head, I was about to push him out the door when Nareesha walked in. Max and I plastered the best fake smile we could to our faces.

     "Hey guys, I just came to let you know that my sister is having a birthday party for Olivia today at three and she wanted all of us to come. Sounds good?" She smiled. I wasn't really up for it but you honestly just can't say no to Nareesha, it's simply impossible.

      I nodded. "Sure." Max nodded as well and with that she left the room, I assume to go call the others. And once again, it was just Max and I. "Max, leave. Now. Whatever we were, whatever we had, it's over. Especially after this. Just get out. I'm done." 

     After a few seconds of him just standing there, staring blankly at me, he finally left. Left me alone with a sore face and tears streaming down it. 

    The tears finally came to a stop as I got myself ready. Memories of Noah's birthday party kept flooding my head and I didn't even notice Tom walk in. Relief flooded over me as he walked up to me and pulled me into a warm hug. He always calmed me, just by being near me.

    "You alright, love?" his soothing voice whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I couldn't muster up any words so I simply nodded. "If at any point you don't feel okay or you want to leave, just let me know and we can go, okay?"

     I looked up into his beautiful, loving eyes and smiled as I lightly pecked his lips. "Thank you." And then we left to the party.

     About ten minutes later, we all arrived at Nareesha's sister's flat. I tried my best to avoid Max but he just kept staring at me. It was a cute Barbie themed party, though, lots of pink everywhere. I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself for it, but my thoughts kept straying to Noah and how much fun she'd be having if she was here.

    Tears started forming in my eyes but I pushed them back, remembering that I'm supposed to be having fun. But how can I have fun when the one person who should be here isn't? I turned around to search for a place to sit but my eyes averted to the door. 

     And in she walked, wearing the shortest and tightest dress known to man, sky high heels that looked like they belonged to stripper, and a face caked with makeup. Why would you wear that to a little girl's birthday party? And who invited Kelsey anyway?