Chapter 12

Brenna's POV

      I woke up the next morning at half eight. Everything had to be perfect for Noah's party today. The cake, the decorations, the guests, everything. I quickly took a shower and got dressed, trying not to wake Noah. I quietly tiptoed into Tom's room and shook him lightly. "Tom," I whispered. He didn't wake up, just groaned and turned his back to me. 

     "Babe, wake up, I need you to do me a favor." He groaned again while he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked at the clock and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Babe, it's half eight and you're waking me up. It better be good." I smiled and kissed his lips softly. "Today's the party and I need to get everything in order. Siva is picking me up in about ten minutes and I need you to watch Noah for me." I handed him a few notes. "Take her out to breakfast while I'm gone. I'll text you when I'm ready for you to bring her." I put on my best pout and folded my hands together. "Please Tom, pretty please? With whip cream and cherries on top with sprinkles and hot fudge a-" I was cut off by him crashing his lips onto mine. "Of course I will, love."

      I thanked him and rushed out the house, hopped into Siva's car and drove straight to the shopping center to buy all the decorations and the dresses for the little girls. After that, we went to go buy the cake and back to Seev's to get everything ready. By the time we finished it was already half twelve and Noah's party started at 2. 

     Nareesha helped me set up all the dresses and things while Seev finished cleaning up and set out the food. About an hour later, everything was set up and her friends were starting to arrive, along with Nareesha's family. I quickly texted Tom and told him he could start coming. Today would hopefully go perfect. It had to be perfect for my little Noah.

Tom's POV

     After I took Noah out for a little birthday breakfast, I took her to one of the local arcades. It was so cute seeing her face when we walked inside, her eyes were wide with happiness and she had a huge smile on her face. 

    An hour later I felt my phone buzz. I had two texts: one from Brenna and the other from Kelsey. Brenna's was simple, just letting me know I could bring her over, but Kelsey's was just random.

                          see you soon babe ;) xx

      I quickly put my phone back in my pocket, picked Noah up, and went out to the car. We drove to Siva's and when we opened the door everyone popped out and yelled surprise. The look on Noah's face was priceless. She actually teared up with joy. While she ran off with her friends I said hello to everyone, then walked over to Brenna. "Babe, the place looks great, good job." She smiled and pecked my lips.

      "Thanks, I think this is her best birthday yet." She turned to talk to Nareesha when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was Kelsey again.

                        come out, I'm standing outside of Seev's xx

       My eyes widened. Why the hell is she here? And what does she want from me? I turned to Brenna and said, "I'll be right back babe, just gonna have a smoke outside." She just nodded and went back to her conversation. 

       I walked outside and sure enough, there Kelsey was leaning against her car, smirking. "Took you long enough," she said as she walked towards me. "What the hell are you doing here, Kels?"

"I came to see you. I miss you, Tom."

"I told you the other night that what we had is over. You ended it anyway, remember?"

       "I know, and that was the biggest mistake ever. I miss you." She moved closer to me. "I miss seeing your face every morning." She took a step closer and wrapped her arms around my neck. I was frozen in my spot, just staring at her, trying to take in everything she was telling me. "I miss those perfect lips of yours, Parker." She slowly put her lips on mine. I didn't do anything, just stood there for a moment. But then I did something that I knew I would regret.

Brenna's POV

        After finishing my conversation with Nareesha I noticed Tom still wasn't back. I got up from my stool and walked towards the front door, only to be stopped by Noah hugging me tightly on my legs. "Thank you very very very very much Brenna, I love you. You're the best big sister ever!" I laughed and knelt down to her height. "I love you too and you are absolutely welcome. Now go have fun, play with your friends." She scurried off and I walked outside only to regret it five seconds later.

       I couldn't believe my eyes. My heart felt like it broke into a million pieces. My eyes immediately filled with tears and I wanted nothing more than to run away. But I couldn't. My eyes wouldn't turn away from the heartbreaking sight that was right in front of me. He had his hands all over her. Her arms were wrapped around his neck and their bodies were pressed together so tight that absolutely nothing would fit through. He was kissing her.

       Tom was kissing Kelsey.