T a b l e s T u r n e d.

August Alsina

I flew back into Toronto, not happy at all. But why would I be? I just ended a relationship with the love of my life, and now I'm goin back on tour. It's only been 2 days since our breakup.

I was laying across the bed in my hotel room, I had just finished a show, I was lookin through Twitter on my laptop, then I got a notification, it was from Sway's morning show. I went to it and there was a video .. of Aaliyah, it was captioned: you got you a keeper bruh, don't let this one go.

As I pressed play, it was a whole interview on the whole situation that happened, she explained what happened, and how it happened, and I was still a little skeptical, that is until she said a few words that fucked with my head.

"Do you honestly think I would cheat on the best thing that's ever happened to me? I mean yes August is fine as fuck, but it's sincerely not that, I have been with this man for 3 years, and in those three years we have been through so so so much, like you guys have no idea how much we've been through and we still haven't parted, I am in love with this kid, and he has no idea how much, I love him, and the only thing I fear more than anything is losing him, I love him more than I love myself, I swear I do, and that's on my dead daddy, I love him, so you guys should already know that August would never ever ever be cheated on by me, I love him too much for that." She shrugged as stray tears streamed down her face.

By now my heart was racing and I had all these butterflies in my stomach, I fucked up. I fucked up bad, and this is not a regular fuck up, this is something I probably can't fuckin fix, I didn't believe a word she said because of my anger and pride, I cut our trip short, I left her in Jamaica, I led her to breaking up with me, and most of all, I didn't fuckin propose to her. All because of some lies that a nigga planted on her, and it shouldn't have took this to figure it out. I should've just trusted her and believed her. I swear I couldn't think straight and I was on the verge of damn near jumpin off this building.

I rested my head in my hands.

I quickly snatched my phone up and dialing her number.

Please answer please answer please answer.

It took me straight to machine. "I'm sorry, this number you have dialed is no longer in service, goodbye."

She changed her fuckin number !?

"Shit!" I shouted throwing the vase at the wall and watching it shatter.

I got up pacing back and forth.

I needed to talk to her, apologize, anything, I just needed her back, I fucked up this time, and I had to face it. But lord knows I didn't want to. I couldn't let her go, I wouldn't.

..

Aaliyah Marie Sanchez

What does moving on mean to me?

Well I loved him with everything in me, and never not once showed him otherwise, he was what I lived for, keeping him happy, kept me happy. We were inseparable, but obviously not for too long, but I guess it was long enough, I will always love him, I don't think I ever loved someone as much as I loved him. So to me , moving on means, Forgetting the past, and accepting change. Don't force it, let it come to you.

And that's exactly how I'm doing it, I've been taking it one step at a time, I've officially moved out of the house, luckily hes on tour. I had to change my number, which included deleting numbers, it's time for me to let things go and move on, Im working on moving into a condo way up in Toronto.

Time for a change.

..

Comment | Vote | Share