I Hate Pity

"That memorable enough for you?" Harry asked as he looked over at me with a smirk.

I laughed quietly. "Umm..yeah. I think it was." I said softly and felt my cheeks flushed.

I should have known he would have said something like that. Even though we've been laying here, side by side with the duvet covering our torsos, and trying to catch our breath. We'd been silent for a few moments and I would have thought he was asleep if it wasn't for his ragged breathing.

He looked over at me again and a pout formed on his lips. "You think it was?"

I rolled my eyes and hit him with one of the pillows that was laying beside me. "It's weird that we weren't interrupted by one of the boys.."

Harry rolled over on his side to look straight at my face. "Well..I kind of told them to stay clear of the bedroom so we could have some privacy. They agreed since they figured you could use some time to relax." he said softly and stroked my cheek with his index finger.

I smiled and kissed the side of his finger when it traveled near my lips. "Thank you. And I'm glad that I'll actually be able to remember that..and I hope that the baby won't." I said with a slight laugh.

He chuckled softly as he leaned in and lightly kissed my lips. "Well..if it's a girl..then she will not be able to feel the way I made you feel for a very long time..and if any guy tries to make her feel that way I will make sure he never sees the light of day again.." he whispered and smirked.

I rolled my eyes slightly. "Guess I'm going to be the parent that she goes to whenever she wants the answer yes, huh?"

Harry rubbed his nose against mine. "Naw..she'll be a daddy's girl."

I smiled a bit. "And if it's a boy?"

He chuckled. "Well..lets just say that he will be a very good looking boy and smooth with the ladies..just like his father." he said with a smirk.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Of course you'd say that."

Harry was silent for a moment and his eyes traveled down the sheet. He started to put his hand on my stomach, but hesitated and began to draw it back. I rolled my eyes slightly and grabbed his wrist then let his hand settle on my belly. However, he didn't keep his hand on my stomach. He surprised me by moving his hand up just underneath my breasts to where my rib cage was and started to rub gently. "I wish I could make these scars go away.." he whispered.

I sighed harder and stared up at the ceiling instead of at him, but I didn't stop his hand from rubbing my ribs like I had while we were making love. He'd tried a bunch of times to look at my ribs and caress my scars, but I didn't let him since it wasn't exactly my most favorite place to be touched. "Harry, we can't change the past..we can only make the future."

"I know that, Arriane. But it doesn't change the fact that I wish I could make them disappear. You don't deserve to have them."

I pressed my lips together and looked at him. "Harry, even if we'd known each other back when all this was going on..there wouldn't have been any way for you to protect me. He would have just hurt you too. That's why..I didn't tell Taylor about what was happening until I was around thirteen. And I only did that because.." I trailed off.

Harry frowned and took my wrist. He turned it so the inside of it was facing upward and he looked down my arm until he caught sight of a sizable scar that was faded and ran down the middle of my forearm. "You tried to kill yourself." he whispered.

I slowly nodded. "Yeah..I did it in the bathroom at school. Taylor got worried about why I had been in there so long..and she found me. They called an ambulance and I was rushed to the hospital. Everyone kept asking me why I would want to hurt myself like this..but I just..kept quiet since my dad always said if I told anyone he'd hurt them and kill me." I whispered and chewed on my lip to keep myself from crying over the memories. "But..you've seen how Taylor is. She's very stubborn and likes to get her way. I eventually told her and she told her parents then they got me out of there."