Nightclub

Arriane's POV

I groaned quietly as I looked at myself in the mirror. My dark hair was up in curlers, and I was about twice as darker from the cover up on my face. Taylor, my best friend, was trying to go for a natural look, but right now I felt anything but natural. "Taylor!" I called out from the bathroom doorway.

Taylor hurried into the room with her curls bouncing everyway. Unlike me, her black hair was naturally curly. "What?" she asked innocently.

I narrowed my eyes at her and pointed up at the curlers in my hair then the make up. "What the hell is this? I thought you were going for a natural look!"

Tayor rolled her eyes and chuckled a bit. "Yeah, I know you're against the whole make up and curlers, but I just know you'll look absouletly goregous!"

I sighed a bit and shook my head to the point where I thought the curlers might fall out of my hair. "I can't stand this crap. Why are you dragging me to this place?"

She smirked a bit. "We start college in a couple weeks, Arrie. You're 18 freaking years old and you haven't even TRIED to have fun for once. I'm going to try to make you loosen up, and the only way to that, in my opinion, is to go to the new night club in town."

I leaned my forehead against the doorframe of the bathroom. She was right though. I'm 18 years old, almost 19, and I'm a goody two shoes. What can I say? Trouble and me just don't mix. I'm a terrible liar. I'm not at all out going. My kind of a Saturday night is watching Vampire Diaries reruns and read a book, but what's so bad about that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But Taylor insists that I need to come more out of my shell before we start college, and that I'll be glad to be more outgoing. I sighed a bit as I looked up at her. "I guess. Maybe. I just don't see what's wrong with me being me." I said quietly.

Taylor sighed and put her hands on my shoulders. "Nothing. Nothing is wrong with you being you. You just need to come more out of your shell."

I pouted a bit and chewed on my lip. "But..I like my shell. It's closed and safe. Everything outside of it is just..scary."

"I know, but that's why I'm going with you." Taylor smiled and flicked my nose like she used to do when we were a couple of six year olds. "Now, let's get finished with getting you ready. It will not be that bad, I promise."

***

After about an hour I was shaved, plucked, and all girled up. Taylor had picked out the most outragous dress I'd ever seen. It was black with a red trim that reached almost above my knees. The silky dress fit every one of my curves, and just looking at myself in the mirror I couldn't recognize the girl in front of me.

Her dark brown hair was shimmery and gloss like with curls that tumbled down her back almost to her waist. The way her eyes stood out to me was almost shocking. They were a deep brown, but the color was a lot lighter than her hair. The eyes were rimmed with a dark layer of eye liner and mascara, but no eyeshadow. However, strangely, she didn't need it. Her lips were full and a deep red. Her cheeks were flushed in a way that made her seem shy and innocent, yet sexy and attractive. It took me a couple minutes before I realized that the girl in front of me was me. I blinked a couple times as I stared at my reflection. "Wow.." I whispered.

Taylor came up behind me with her classic smirk on her face. "I already know, I am amazing." she grinned.

I looked at her and a smile showed on my lips. "Yeah, you are, but how could you turn me into this?" I asked quietly and looked down myself. Geeze, even my feet looked good. I was wearing black heels that showed off my pale legs, and the nail polish on them was a bright red that matched my lips and dress.