Eren was just about to walk over to him and demand for answers, but right at that moment was when the music instructor finally entered the room and everyone fell silent when he raised his hand.

"Alright, kids, the eleventh graders are done performing and you know what that means. Everyone bring an extra reed with you if you're a wood-wind and extra sticks for the drummers," he told everyone with a smile. "Okay let's get this show on the road."

Everyone followed him out the door in a single file line with their feet shuffling against the sneaker stained hallway as Levi strolled beside Mr. Rutlee. He was in a white dress shirt that was unbuttoned a bit to reveal a small area of his collarbones and was also wearing black dress pants and shoes. The girls were repeatedly ogling at him and whispering whenever they thought he wasn't listening but Eren knowing a bit about Levi, he knew he could definitely hear them.

His hair was slicked back which looked pretty good with his undercut. Eren didn't really do anything special to his hair so compared to Levi, he didn't look very desirable but then, it wasn't like he cared or anything.

The gym was decorated with lanterns that resembled the ones the Chinese would use and the walls were plastered music note stickers that the students had bought without the teacher's consent, but he later on agreed to stick them around the place since they were pretty great stickers. They didn't even start playing yet but even so, a few parents were already taking photos and waving over to their kids. The players took their assigned seats and sat in resting position as Mr. Rutlee walked to a small stage in front of them all. Levi was standing beside him, inspecting everyone and accidentally meeting Eren's eyes when their gazes crossed each other.

It was senior year so the band was not as big as it was in grade eight because of course there were going to be lot of people who decided to quit. They started off with almost a hundred students a few years back and now it was only around twenty to thirty. Mr. Rutlee didn't mind though because he would always say how they needed to get rid of the cancer cells to be good. It was rather blunt but the more Eren thought of it, the more it made sense because the students remaining now were the only ones who were actually motivated and dedicated.

The music instructor had a microphone in his hand and spoke into it while pushing up his glasses as a smile played on his face. "Hello, ladies and gentlemen or possibly even more than that. Welcome to our senior show. I'm sure you enjoyed the other grades but..." he trailed off and had a deadpanned look in his eyes as he stared at the crowd, "we're about to blow your mind."

Eren rolled his eyes as he licked at his reed. He said that almost every time they had a performance but really, it never got old. The students were chattering quietly but were silenced abruptly when the teacher raised his hand with what they called 'the magic wand'. They were now in playing position and Eren could have sworn that he heard everyone inhale before Mr. Rutlee violently dipped his hand in the air and started waving like mad.

They were playing the annoying song from that Disney movie the kids wouldn't shut the fuck about. Eren didn't watch it because he's heard too much of 'Let it go' to even have a small clue of what the movie was about. The intro was fairly fast and the clarinets were starting it and from Armin's past conversations with Eren, he knew that it took a lot of air and left him exhausted after the bars were finished. To anyone, Mr. Rutlee probably looked as if he were trying to hit a fly with the conducting stick, but for the teens in front of him, it was like a lantern in the dark; they used it to guide themselves through hard situations.

Eren didn't only hate the song because he found the original version boring, but he was saxophone and they were only doing the background parts for this piece. It didn't take a lot of effort, really, and he freshmen musicians could have probably been able to play it as well.