Chapter 23

Dedication: oopssaysone. Sorry this story physically hurts you. My bad.

None of you guessed how Walter and Calum know each other, except one person was close. Remember, Calum didn't like any guys before Michael, so him and Walter couldn't have been a thing.

Do you guys still want to hear the song I wrote?

They're both so hot, it isn't fair.

"You fucking piece of shit," Calum said through gritted teeth.

"Wh-What's going on?" Michael asked. Calum wanted to look over at his boyfriend, but he didn't dare take his eyes off of the filth in front of him.

"You've been in a committed relationship for three years!" Calum pushed Walter aside and marched into his house, then turned and faced him again. "How could you do that to Mikey?" He then shook his head and said, "How could you do this to my sister?!"

"Calum, what's going on?!" Michael yelled, causing both boys to look at him. He was still standing outside the apartment. The only reason Calum entered it was because he wanted to get between Walter and his gun, but he didn't think about the fact that he was leaving Michael unprotected. He couldn't do anything about it now.

"Walter has been dating Mali for three years now," Calum said, bringing his eyes back to Walter. "I haven't seen him since last Christmas, though, so when you said you were dating someone named Walter, I didn't even consider him. I've never been over to his apartment, either. He always comes over to my house." Calum's eyes widened, and he took a step back as Walter smiled slyly.

"That's right, little Cally," Walter said. "I know where you live."

"Don't call me that," Calum snapped. "Why would you do this to two of the most important people in my life? Why would you be in a committed relationship with two people?"

"Because I like both of them," Walter said with a shrug, as if he didn't really care that he got caught.

"You don't beat someone up if you really care about them."

Walter sighed and sat on his couch, and Michael ran over to Calum, gripping on to his arm.

"Look, I wanted Michael in my house, living with me, because Mali didn't want to move in. But, a few nights ago she changed her mind, so I had to get Michael out of here."

"So beating him up was your only option?!"

"I figured that I could get him out without breaking up with him, so, yes."

"You could have just said you weren't ready for him to move in or some shit. Oh, and-"

"Wait," Michael said, cutting Calum off. "I want to say something." Calum and Walter stared at him expectantly, and he looked right at Walter. "You may not have broken up with me, but we were never officially together to begin with. You never asked me out. And, I just came here to say that I'm done with you, and I want my stuff."

"Babe-"

"Shut the fuck up. You don't get to call me that anymore. Where's my stuff?"

Without another word, Walter pointed toward a wall beside the boys, where a suitcase was. Michael grabbed it, and the two left the apartment. As soon as they were in Calum's car and driving away, Calum took his phone out of his pocket.

"Hey!" Mali said, answering on the second ring. "I'm so excited for Christmas! I'll get to see you, and Mum, and Dad! I'll be bringing Walter again-"

"Mali," Calum said, gripping his phone tightly in his hand.

"What's wrong?"

Calum didn't answer right away. He looked at Michael, then at the road and said, "I need to talk to you about something."