30.

Buzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

I smack my ear thinking it's an annoying mosquito at my ear. They are so disgusting. I mean, I know I am delicious, but damn! The buzzing sound stops, but my ear hurt and even though I am not fully awake, my senses are still working effectively. I lay there, waiting for sleep to take me, but then the buzzing comes back and I jump up in alarm. There is then a vibration under my pillow. I look under it to see it's my phone.

"Oh," I say to myself as I take up the phone. "So that's what have been making that noise."

Right now, I feel like a caveman who came to the twenty first century by accident. Lucky me. I open up my phone to see two miss calls from Ramona and a text message from her. I groan as I read it.

Remember party tonight and we will be shopping today. Are you sure you don't want to skip school with us today?

I look at the time to see it's just two in the morning. Doesn't these people have a life? Why can't they leave me alone and stop waking me up at this ungodly hour? I stare at the phone like it held all the answers to my questions. Maybe it does, but I am not going to find out at this time and school is a few hours away.

My phone lights up again and Ramona's grinning picture shows up. I don't know how that picture ended up in my phone, but if it was to make me answer the phone, it sure wasn't serving it's purpose. I actually do the opposite. Taking out the battery and dropping the phone in my study desk drawer, my mind is somewhere far away. Or maybe it's near. Today is the day Nate is to be back, but knowing him, he might not come to school whether he returns in the morning or evening. I don't wrong him though since taking one plane from France to here can be very tiresome. I go back to bed, but I can't fall back asleep. I just resolve to closing my eyes, ignoring the sound of the crickets outside and the slight movement of bushes and branches as they rustle when the slight breeze passes. I can't believe I can hear that.

>¢<

"Do you think she's sick?" I hear someone whisper. "Yeah, I know, but I don't want to wake her... It's still pretty early for real. She has like over an hour before heading to school... it's just she usually... I don't know what to do in these situations... I don't want to do the same mistakes I did with Kayla..."

I get up at the sound of my dead sister's name. Rubbing my eyes, I see my mom in the room talking in her phone which is pressed against her ear as she gazes through the window. I cup my hand over my mouth to try and smell how bad my morning breath is. Immediately I cringe. Yep, it's that bad.

I silently pad to the bathroom with underwear and towel in hand. Finally closing the door which makes a very loud creak, I hear my mother say something like 'she's awake'. I figure it's dad she is talking to and won't think of any other person. My brain isn't in the mood of overworking. I don't even know what time I fell asleep last night or should I say this morning. I'm use to lack of sleep (things happen from snoring parents and school projects) so I am a little confused why my brain feels so lousy. I have to be fighting it to even step in the shower.

After finally getting ready, I don't even bother eating breakfast. Mom greets me and I return it before slipping through the door to my car. I am sure this is the slowest I have ever taken to get ready. What's up with that? I am not one to blame anyone, but I blame Ramona and the minions. I park in the school's parking lot quickly. At least my driving isn't amiss.

Walking through the school's entrance, I realize there is alot of children in the halls. This is definitely something I am not use to and I know I have like ten minutes left before the first bell rings. I try to quicken my steps to reach class. My lazy brain doesn't seem to corporate, but I am there in less than a minute. Every kid I pass glances my way and then takes a second glance as if they wanted to make sure it is me.

I drop down in my classroom not even looking at the guy beside me. My eyes involuntarily search for Nate in the sea of students who are staring at me.

"Hey, could you help me out with my homework," I turn to a familiar face. "I haven't been here for a little while."

Nate!

1999beauty
All rights reserved.