9.

Thursday night
Dear Olivia,

Long time don't see. Yesterday was the last day of exams. I am right now in my room at my parents' new family vacation home on the island Puerto Rico. Isn't that exciting? Mom has been persuading me to come swimming during the day, but I don't think I am ready for the waves yet. The last time I swam, I almost got killed by saving someone. They were panicking and pushing my head below the water's surface when I didn't even come up yet. And just to make it worse, I was just twelve and the girl was nineteen. From then on, I mind my own business. Well, today was fun. We are going to a party tonight and I am already dreading it. I don't think I can manage this, but at least the persons don't know me. Unlike back at home. I have to say, my parents make some real terrible decisions, but this trip wasn't that horrible. I just hope my mom allows me to stay in my room throughout the day. I will be happy that way. Oh, and great news, the therapist won't be reading you. Not even now have I spoken a word in her sessions. My parents decide that she isn't a good therapist and dropped her just before we left. Mom is calling my name now. I don't understand why every time I write in you Olivia that my mom calls. Well, I guess that's just bad luck. Okay, bye Olivia.

AMBER

The elevator doors slide open and we step out. The expensive carpet shines bright like the sun, probably a red one. Guests are already packed inside and I can already feel my blood streams run cold. This is socializing and I suck at it.

"Go ahead, darling," Dad encourages as I just stand there in front of the elevator doors.

"Okay," I tell him and continue to walk forward.

The servers or waiters present to me finger foods, but I deny them. I wasn't feeling hungry after all. Food is one thing I don't trust anyone with. I mean, they will probably poison it or some sickness can be caught from eating it. I have only eaten what myself, my mom, Nate and his mom cooks. Once in awhile I will actually eat from someone else like if I get a receipt with it or something. I just shake my head as I wove through the crowd to hide in the corner or something. My eyes then catch an empty couch and I immediately reside there. I let out a shaky breath and try to make sense of my surroundings. There is a golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling like frozen ice trying to reach the floor. The floor isn't entirely carpeted and so the marble under it showed. The walls are a beige color and almost all were overtaken with large glass windows. There is a door beside the couch I am sitting in leading out to a balcony. There is a large bar at the side with a lot of bartenders. The area is a simple one, but obviously expensive. How did we get invited? My parents have more money than I thought. The music is from a live band with a woman singing sweetly, just high enough to be heard above all the crowd's noise, but low enough so I can hear myself talk or think. It isn't bad and I rest my head back in the couch. My phone then rings and I answer without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answer curtly.

"Hey," the voice I immediately know says. "Are you okay?"

"Yep," I reply trying to sound more polite. "How about you?"

"If you are okay, then I am okay," he says. "When are you going to join social network?"

"I don't know," I say casually. "Why do you ask?"

"Talking to you would be easier," he replies callously. "Do you know how many times I had to call you to finally hear your voice rather than your voicemail?"

"Oh," I say shyly. "I didn't know. Maybe you should text instead."

"Most likely, but I wanted to hear your voice," he lowers his voice, dangerously low. Jeez, am I the only one who finds that hot? "I couldn't sleep because you took over my mind."

"Uhh," I begin not knowing what to say. "Well, at least I am a conqueror. You know, take over your mind...?"

"Okay Amber," he chuckles which shocks me a little, but at least I know he isn't unhappy although he can be faking it. "Let you get back to your partying."

As soon as I hang up the phone, a guy around my age sits beside me.

"Hey, beautiful," he smirks. "Do you know every kiss begins with k?"

"Did you know that ugly starts with U?" I retort before getting up.

1999beauty
All rights reserved