1.

Property of Amber Audrey Addison.

Writing it down was quite a relief. At least I know having my name in it my sister won't steal it.

"Hey dork,"

Speaking of the devil...

"What is it Kay?" I ask not bothering to face her while I speak hoping she'll get the message and go away.

"I want to borrow your car for tonight," she says and I hear her heels click on the tiled floor as she walks into my room. "Hmmm, nice room." Like she isn't in it everyday.

I let out a grunt. Why can't she just get out of my life? She's worse than mosquitoes.

"No," I say sternly. "And thanks. It takes a whole lot to keep it clean since a nosy unwanted nuisance likes to come in it everyday."

I am not seeing her face, but I can already envision her face red with anger. I don't have to envision for long as she spins around my chair to face her.

"Are you calling me a nosy unwanted nuisance?" She asks leaning into my face with an angry expression. "And what the hell are you saying no to? I didn't f***ing ask a question."

Her nostrils flare and I swear I'm looking at a bull. A very ugly one. I laugh mentally. She is up in my face and I hold my breath. I was just munching on a piece of sardine sandwich with onion rings and I didn't want her to her angrier at me or anything for my bad breath. But then again, looking at her the possibility of her looking any angrier is very low. Like impossibly low. I then exhale and she immediately staggers back and I smile showing off my teeth.

"Shit," she mutters rubbing her nose as her eyes water. Was my breath that bad? I gotta stay away from my boyfriend for a couple weeks. "What did you eat? The dog's kennel?"

"Now I know where you come from at nights," I smile sweetly at her.

"F*** you!" She curses. "Pass your car keys."

"No can do, sis," I say shaking my head afraid to turn my back to her. "You see it's MY car, not yours, so bye bye."

Her hazel eyes narrow at me as she flicks her blonde hair behind her before standing up to her full length. She gives me a full on glare.

"Give me that f***ing car key you bad mouth motherf***er," she says her stance showing that she's calm angry. "Don't you ever disrespect me again!" She finishes with a shout.

"The only bad mouth person here is you," both our heads snap to my father leaning on the doorpost.

"Dadddd," she drawls giving him an innocent smile.

"Don't 'Dad' me, Kay," he says calmly his hands folded across his chest. "Now, stay inside your room before your mom comes home."

"But-"

"Room, Kay!" Dad shouts frightening both of us.

I never heard him shout before, so this was a shock. We always know mom as the miserable, manipulative and strict one. Dad was the understanding, calm and submissive one, but I guess we were wrong. Kay made a 'I'm going to kill you' sign before casting another death glare my way and walk out.

"Are you okay, darling?" My dad turn to me, his eyes soften.

"Couldn't be better," I say flashing him a fake smile before turning back around in my swivel chair to continue writing in my new diary.

"I'm sorry," he sighs sitting down on my bed. I really don't want to hear this. "That was outrageous of me and I'm truly sorry. I don't want to fill you up with excuses 'cause you are worth more than that."

"Dad-"

"Don't," he says firmly. "You are not to give your sister your car to use and that's a rule. If it's an emergency your mother or I will deal with it. And," he lowers his voice and I know who where this is now going.

"Dad-" Again, he cuts me off.

"No," he says sharply. "If you ever have a complaint, especially if your sister did something to you, I promise I'll listen and try to help you."

"Dad, that isn't necessary," I groan as he stares into my eyes by turning around my chair so I face him.

"Yes, it is Amber," he says hugging me and a tear slips from my eyes. "Yes, it is."

A/N: New book! Vote if you like and comment if you have any inquires or anything to say. Thanks for reading.

1999beauty
All rights reserved