Chapter 23: Behind the scenes.

****************

12th June 2015 (about a month ago)

Haruno Kizashi hated leaving Japan, but was forced to go back to his temporary home in America. It was a rushed decision, actually that would of been an understatement. As soon as Minato Uzuamki heard the news about the sudden progress in the Akatsuki case Kizashi was at the airport in what felt like seconds. It had only gave him an hour to pack his things and say a quick goodbye to his wife. Leaving his daughter at school clueless of the fact her father was on a plane back to New York.

The case had only been brought up to his work in America when a company had gone bankrupt at the hands of Akatsuki. Unfortunately they didn't do anything illegal. Yet they had been investigated anyway. He began to learn more about the company, like there affiliation with the Uchiha's. Bringing back an old case about the deaths of his possible son in law's parents.

Kizashi choose to pay a visit to his home in Japan to futher investigate the case. After getting in touch with his old partner Minato Uzumaki they managed to find their previous suspect Itachi Uchiha. He was reluctant at first but they had managed to persuade him to get into Akatsuki with promise of finally catching his parents murders.

The oldest Uchiha was a huge help to the case, within his brief time working at Akastuki he managed to find out a lot of information. Including information about the death of his parents. When that information was leaked into the hands of the Haruno, Akastuki found out almost straight away. Making Haruno Kizashi leave Japan almost immediately.

Currently he sat impatiently on his business class flight, wanting to get back to America and continue the case from there. That's when the plane shook. Tremors. Or that's what the male Haruno assumed, it wasn't unusual, he had been through this on his many flights from Japan to America. So the Haruno continued to impatiently stare out the window. An idea had popped into his head, his daughter might want to why her father left on such short notice and maybe he had some explaining to do. Grabbing a piece of paper and a pen he began writing.

Dear Sakura,
I'm sorry I had to leave on short notice, major progress in the case I have been working on appeared and I'm afraid I have to rush back to New York. Don't worry, I'll come back as soon as this case is over, hopefully this will be in the holidays when you've finished school for the year. Tell your mother this as well for me.

Kizashi looked down at the first part of his letter, hoping that it would clear up a few things about the short notice trip back.

"Attention all passengers," the planes intercom spoke up. It wasn't the voice Kizashi recognised from when they first took of. It was probably a co-pilot. Kizashi looked up to hear what ever had to be said.

"I'm sorry to say, this plane is no longer under the control of someone who knows how to drive a plane," it gave psychopathic laughed. "Its seems we're due for a crash landing in about 5 minutes, thanks for falling with us, we hope to you see you in hell,"

"What the," Kizashi tilted his head around the plane to see if anyone was laughing at the prank. But no laughs were heard. The male Haruno could only see faces of shock and fear. The plane jolted again, in fact at least five more times before the detective left his thoughts alone and turned back to his letter.

Sakura, I need you to be brave before you read this. In all honesty I doubt you will. But promise to brave for me. The plane I'm in is going to crash so I need you to read this carefully. I have some explaining. I want you to be careful and never show anyone this letter. They could come after you.