Chapter 3

"Are you serious?"

"What? It can't be that bad," he shrugged.

"It's a dance," Juliet repeated. "I've been to them. They're pretty boring, especially during the speeches."

"Come on, it can't be that bad," he said, amused by her words.

"Yeah, sure, you haven't been to any of them," she pointed out.

"Well than you can be my first dance," he said, taking a step away as if he was proposing her to dance right then. "My lady, I cannot sleep until you promise me a dance."

She grinned and played along, giving a short curtsey, "I'd be honored."

He let out a whoop, causing her to laugh, and twirled her before leaning in for a kiss. It was a soft, playful kiss. His arms wrapped around her waist as they twirled and swayed to the wind. Her hand teasingly play with his hair before pulling back and leaning into him again.

"I'll pick you up at eight?" He asked, still smiling.

"Hmm....too risky, what about we just meet at the dance," she suggested. "It'll be fun to see if you could recognize me."

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you know? It's a masquarade," she told him.

"No, I found out cause you told me."

"Oh, well then there's no dance," she said, grinning. "I lied, figured you'd fall for it."

"Hmm, right...well, you still owe me that dance," he reminded her.

"What about a night out at the park?"

"Nah, too cliche," he said. "Let's go to that dance."

She sighed, "Fine, if we must."

"Seal it with a kiss?"

•••

"Okay, what is the emergency?" Amanda asked, before taking in the sight of the room. Clothes were scattered everywhere, thrown on the bed, the floor and covered most of the room.

Juliet stopped and gave her a pleading look, "I don't have anything to wear."

"To what? What is the big occasion that you had to throw out your entire closet?" She asked, before picking up an urban top with interest. "Can I have this?"

Juliet ignored the question, and continued to rummage through the closet, "The masquarade, I have absolutely nothing to wear."

"You're going to the dance?" Amanda asked, perking up.

"If I can find anything to wear," she replied, ready to give up.

"There has to be something here," Amanda said, going to the clothes that was already thrown out. "What about this?"

Juliet barely glanced at the red dress held up before shaking her head. She was starting to rethink this whole dance thing. Dressing up took too much time and effort, and that still hasn't covered her dress and makeup. She picked up a white dress that she had worn to her last prom. Maybe he should just wear that, it's not like she has anyone to impress, we except Ryder, but he'd seen her in less.

Seeing the look on her friend's face, Amanda shook her head, "Nope, you have to be presentable for the dance. You should go shopping! We should go shopping! There's a sale at-"

Juliet was about to protest when someone knocked on the door. She turned to see a dark haired boy leaning against the door.

"Oh, it's you," she said, turning back to her clothes. "What do you want?"

"I'm just here to tell you that dinner is in an hour," he replied.

"Who's this?" Amanda piped up with interest.

"This? This is just Eric, my new bodyguard," Juliet said, smirking. "He's getting paid for not really doing his job."

He glared at her, before giving a formal smile to Amanda, "Nice to meet you, Miss."

"Amanda."

"Amanda," he repeated, giving her a charming smile. "Nice to meet you."

Juliet merely rolled her eyes when she left. She held up a blue dress, when she noticed her friend's look. She picked a soft a cushion and threw it at Amanda's face.

"You could do so much better," she told her.

"What? He's cute," Amanda replied, not that bothered a cushion had just hit her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this took me a while. Not really proud of this, but I figured I owe you this, at least. Dedicated to Magictudy for the new cover :)