"You're going to dump me??"

I frowned.

"I don't get this. I said I wanted to go along with you. You said I could. So right now.... You're leaving me at camp.. Aren't you?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

I took out my notebook.

It's safe.

"Why don't you come with me?"

I shook my head.

"Why?!"

Be quiet.

"Wh-"

Monster.

Suddenly, yelling ensued. Tables were flipped by my best friend.

Minotaur.

I really hate this guy... I grumbled in my head. I tossed Theo a knife and he barely caught it. He stared at it like if it was a bomb and looked up at me. I had unsheathed my sword.

Beef head.

I stabbed down at his foot and he aknowledged me by roaring/ burping. He swung his omega shaped sword around which was pretty offensive. I scowled. This was getting... Out of control.

Just die.

Beef head exploded, just like that. Only his head. I wiped my face with a tissue and glanced at Theo once more, who was staring at the remains of the Minotaur in shock. I sighed.

Bad luck.

~

He still seemed a bit shocked.

We walked to camp, and it was kind of awkward. I kicked a pinecone and sent it skittering down the road.

"... Percy?"

I looked up.

"Do I have to go to camp?"

I stopped. I looked at him in the eye, and he cowered slightly.

"I know... We have to learn to kill monsters like that. All I have done is run away... I don't think I can kill." he took a deep breath. "I met my dad- he was nice enough... But he told me not to go to camp. He told me I wouldn't fit in." he looked down. "I know I won't. My siblings- I'll have to live with them. I don't- I can't do that. Literally kill." he looked up.

"And I know what you did last night."

I didn't flinch. I didn't feel guilty. Not a thing.

He shuffled his feet. "I know why. Dad told me. That Greeks invented tragedy. That I would only have a hard future in front of me. Thats why.... Right?"

I knew what he was asking.

Can I stay with you?

I shook my head.

Camp is better.

He frowned. "But-"

No. You can't.

He scowled, and I put an arm around him and pulled him to the hill.

Go down. And.... I handed him riptide.

Show it to them.

He looked like he was about to cry.

"I can't see you again?"

I shook my head.

I'll come.

"Promise. You have to promise."

I promise.

He walked away, but turned around.

"I get to hear your voice the next time we meet!"

He stomped down the hill, and I watched, smiling. The smile soon faded.

Too many memories.

~

So the special chapter is a birthday special- about the Chaos army or a blue birthday cake. I'll try...

Thanks for reading. And remember Percy's birthday guys.

Don't forget to say happy birthday.