Chapter 38

I was lying in bed bored out of my mind. They kept Ashton drugged for the most part, but didn't do much for me. They gave me enough to keep me comfortable, which was odd. Why would they want me comfortable? I bet I was the least of Liam's worries at the moment. It had been a week and I hadn't had the slightest clue as to what Zayn was up to, if he was up to something.

No.

He was coming. There was no way he would back down now. He loved me right? Right.

I found it boring to sit around all day and I knew I was probably going to have bed sores from lying around for a week, or however much longer I had to be there. Though, I knew I was leaving the hospital that day. Liam had said so. Only problem was that I didn't know if Ashton was coming with me or not.

Usually after a few hours the drugs wore off and I was arguably uncomfortable. Ashton would wake up from his haze and we would get to eat. Well, I would refuse, only eating a small bit. My stubbornness was making me weak to the point where they were deciding whether or not to put a feeding tube in. So I ate a little to keep the doctors at bay.

The doctor still hadn't come by and check on us. At least as far as I know. He may have come into the room when we were both passed out. I did find myself with new medications and incisions every once in a while without knowing what happened exactly.

I waited another hour and Ashton was still not waking up. His machine was still beeping, so he was sill alive, just completely knocked out by drugs. He must have been a large threat to Liam and his people to have him drugged for so long.

"Ashton." I called over to him in an attempt to wake him up with his name. He only groaned and turned onto his side. So the drugs were wearing off, just not fully. I sighed with relief and went back to counting the dots in the ceiling tiles above my head.

When the time came around for the nurse to do her rounds I was surprised when a man walked into the room. He was older and looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. "W-Who are you?" I asked him.

"I am your doctor, Niall." The older man said with a familiar tone. He looked at the clip board he was holding and then shook his head before setting in the slot in front of Ashton's bed.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked, worried about the doctor's expression towards my only hope at the moment

"Oh, nothing. He's healing. The nurses just forgot something. Nothing to worry about.

Well, it's too late for that. I huffed. "Okay." I looked away from the doctor for a moment, but when my mind sparked I looked back at him and realized where I had seen him before. He was the doctor that took care of me when I got sick at Zayn's party. He told me I was poisoned and helped me get better, but he- "You work for Liam?" I asked him. "Doctor... Manza?"

"Hmm?" He looked up at me. "Oh you do remember me. And no, I do not work for Liam."

"Then why?" I asked him with a pleading face. "Why are you letting him do this? To me, to us?" I yelled at him. Dr. Manza wasn't even phased at all and that made my head hurt. I didn't understand how Liam could have so many people under his control. Sure, he took over Zayn's part of the business, but to have his tendrils deep into the system was insane. I wouldn't doubt he had his hands in the police as well.

"Liam Payne is a very gracious and generous donor to my hospital. Doing this for him is nothing." He walked over to my bed and picked up another clip board. He checked off a few things and checked my IV bag. "You haven't been eating." He noted.

I sneered at him. "Who gives a damn?! I'm going to die soon anyways." I argued with him for a few minutes back and forth of whether or not I should eat more. In the end I just became upset and stopped talking. Dr. Manza's face was red and you could tell he was at his last straw.

"I'll put you on a high calorie and energy diet. I suggest you eat or you may die sooner than your time." He placed the clipboard back and then reached into his pocket. He pulled out a pair of glasses and placed them on his face. I watched him closely, but he still wasn't showing any sort of emotion.

"Why didn't you just let me die back when Liam poisoned my drink?" I asked him as a last ditch effort to get something out of this man.

"That wasn't what Liam wanted." He said slowly, stopping in the doorway and looking back at me. "The plan was to get you to the hospital, but that Zayn Malik is a tricky guy to deal with. So to make sure you could be taken another day, I had to help you. It was Mr. Payne's request."

"So you're just going to blindly accept Liam's demands and let this f.ucked up situation continue?!" I yelled again, causing commotion in the hallway. A couple people walked by, looking into the room.

"Like I said, Liam Payne is a very gracious and generous donor to my hospital." With that, the doctor left and that was he last time I ever saw him. I was left in the room, shocked and feeling betrayed by someone who had saved my life once before. There were more people in my life who were double crossers than actually on a side. The f.ucked up thing was that there had to be sides. I hated it all.

I spent the next couple hours staring at the try of food in front of me. A nurse came in right after the doctor and gave both Ashton and I trays to eat. Ashton was up and lazily pushed around his food. His quality of life was so down that it was beginning to look hopeless. There was no escape unless some miracle happened.

"Where do you think Liam is taking us?" I asked Ashton. He set his spoon down and looked over at me.

"You really think that I'm going with you?" He replied.

"One can hope." I went back to staring at my food. "If you didn't come with me, I'd bite my tongue for sure. Everything would really be lost after that."

"That's a rough way to go." Ashton murmured. "I heard you survived being held captive or whatever before."

"Yeah, that was with Louis though. He's at least a little better than Liam. Plus he doesn't want to put his d.ick in me. He just lets his guards do that." I didn't know where my macabre attitude came from, but at least Ashton thought it was funny.

He was chuckling. Actually chuckling. "I know all too well, kid. You don't have to explain it to me. I've been used and abused just like you. I can't even have sex with my girl back at home without thinking about it every time." Ashton got his sad smile on his face and then went back to pushing his food around on his plate.

"You have a girl back at home?" I asked, slightly shocked.

"Yeah, her name's Meghan. I doubt she stuck around though. I told her I was a free bird kind of guy. I've been gone for a while and these girls need stability or some s.hit like that." Ashton shrugged. "Nothing too important." He told me.

"It's the most important thing, though." I spoke up. "I bet she is still waiting for you." I had just enough faith left in the world to tell him that. "And when you get out of here you can go back to her and never look back at any of this."

"If we get out of here." Ashton shrugged again. I felt like he wanted to tell me something else, but he remained silent for a little bit longer. We ate some food and waited. I couldn't tell what time of day it was because of the lack of windows in the room, but I knew it was coming to a close and I was wondering why Liam hadn't showed up. But I had spoken too soon as he walking into the room, looking like he was rushed and out of breath.

"Don't test me, Manza!" He yelled behind him to the doctor in the hallway. Liam looked back into the room and gave a disgusted look at Ashton. "It's time to move on, boys!" Liam leaned on his cane that he had at his side. He was applying a lot of weight on it, telling me his leg was really hurt.

"Both of us?" Ashton spoke up, his voice cracking slightly.

"Why yes." Liam said in a deeper tone. He smirked and looked between the both of us. "I have plans for you boys. Don't disappoint."

A/N: Oh no, what is Liam up to now!? ALSO, I've figured out the creepy story plot line and what I can hint to you is that it is Ziall and it will be circus themed. It'll make it's debut when I am nearing the end of this story, which is still going at least for 11 more chapters!

Much Love

Jachxx