Chapter 8

** A/N: I changed Mary's name to Ruth for obvious reasons.**

“L-Liam?” I stuttered, staying near my door. I didn't think I could get out of there quickly because I bet that those other guys were outside of my door waiting for me. I just stayed there, stuck between a hard place and a harder place. 

“That’ll be Mr. Payne to you.” Liam spoke, standing up from the couch ad rebutting his jacket. He flattened the fabric and then looked straight at me. “Do you do this often?” He asked. I didn’t quite get what he was talking about so I stayed silent. “I asked you a question. You’re best option is to answer me.”

“I-I don’t know what your-“ I was cut off by a hard, back handed slap to my face. I hissed in pain and brought my hand to my face to sooth the new cut from his large ring. My eyes stung with tears and my legs trembled. 

“Let me rephrase, Niall.” Liam pinned me to the wall, hips digging into my own. “Do you go and f.uck someone else as soon as I am done with you? You’re a whore, time is money, but my money is worth more than your life. Do you get that, Niall?” His face was so close to mine that I could hear his teeth grind and feel his hot breath on my cheek. I yelped out when his hand roughly shoved down my pants and he grabbed my d.ick and squeezed. “This.” He squeezed a little harder. “This is what I pay for. When you go and f.uck someone else in the same day, you’re disrespecting me. And I don’t like to be disrespected. I own half of this town and the people in it. Do not think you are any different.”

He released me from his grasp and I let out my breath that I had been holding. Liam backed off and pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his hands off. The same radio sounded off again. “Mr. Payne, we have a woman coming to the door at the moment. Should we stop her?” Oh no. The only woman who would be coming to my door would be Ruth, Harry’s wife. 

Liam pulled a small two way radio out of his pocket and spoke into it. “Go ahead, let her.” He smiled. A knock soon came to my door and Liam looked at me expectantly. I shakily opened the door and Ruth stood there, pregnant belly pushed outward. 

“Oh, Niall. You look absolutely terrible.” She frowned at my appearance. “I was coming up here to invite you to dinner tomorrow. Maybe I can fix you up a little bit too. I have an emergency kit.” She smiled and peered over my shoulder to see Liam standing in the back. “Oh? Niall, I didn’t know you knew Liam.” I moved out of the way as Ruth came into my place and smiled at Liam, walking up to him like she had known him her whole life. 

Liam’s hard expression softened as he hugged Ruth close. He then got on his knees before her and placed his hands on her belly. “You’re looking healthy, Ruth. I’m happy.” He pressed his ear to her and smiled. “I see my nephew is healthy too.” He stood up and my entire body froze. Nephew? That meant that…

“Liam is your brother?” I asked Ruth. She turned to me and smiled, nodding. Liam’s expression hardened again. “Oh, I didn’t know.”

“Yeah, he’s helped out so much with the hospital bills. He really is such a generous person.” She smiled and gave her brother another hug. “Did you want to stop by and have dinner with us as well tomorrow?” She asked him. 

“Sorry, I have matters to attend to. Maybe next time.” He thankfully declined. I couldn’t imagine a family dinner with Liam there. He patted her back and walked towards the door. “I’ll have to excuse myself now. Work calls.” He gave Ruth this bright smile, opening the door.