Chapter 23

This time going back to the city didn't give me as much anxiety as it did the last time. I had a reason to be anxious the last time since Liam had pinned me down in the fitting room and shoved his d.ick in me. This time we were avoiding any place that Liam would be. We were sticking to the warehouse district a little closer to where I lived. Naomi needed to pick up fabrics that she could only find there and they were cheap too. 

"So were looking for this satin that will line the jacket. Do you like the gold or the pearl?" Naomi asked me, taking me the shimmering side of the fabric warehouse. 

"They honestly look the same to me." I shrugged and laughed a bit at Naomi's expression when she heard me. She tried to point out the differences, but nope, they were still the same to me. We looked around for a little longer and then Naomi had to walk off because she had gotten an important phone call. I wandered off down the makeshift walls and ran my fingers over the different fabrics. I found a nice brown color that I thought would look good on Zayn. I picked up the fabric and walked around some more until I found Naomi again. She was talking with a taller man in a nice suit and when she saw she looked a bit frazzled and left the man behind. 

"Friend of yours?" I asked, glancing back at the guy. He looked really out of place and stared at us as we walked away. 

She shook her head quickly. "Just asking his opinion on the golf and pearls since you don't seem to have one." She lightly giggled and I laughed along with her and when I looked back, the guy had walked off. "Well, I'm all done here. Ready to go?" 

I was more than ready. My skin was tingling I was so excited to go back to my apartment and see Harry and Ruth. It had only been a month, but I bet that Harry's wife was just about to burst that baby out if she hadn't already. "I think you'll enjoy my friends. They're around Zayn's age." I smiled proudly because they really were great people and helped me out so much over the years that I had lived in the apartment complex. 

"They sound like lovely people." Naomi said, staring at her phone and tapping away as we made out way to the car. She wasted no time getting in the car and starting the engine. I dropped the fabric off in the trunk and then got into the car. 

"You seem a little wired, today? Too much morning coffee?" I asked. She did stay up late and was acting weird for the most part of the day.

"Yeah, that's it." She half smiled, pulling out of the warehouse parking area and getting into the busy road. A few cars left behind us as well seeing as the warehouse was only open for so long that day. "So which way?" She asked. 

I led Naomi down the roads to my apartment complex. When it came into view I was shocked that it hadn't changed. Which was weird to me because it felt like so long ago that I had last been there and not just a month ago. "Home sweet home." I was jumping in my seat. I saw Harry though the window working on the sign up front and when we finally parked I jumped from the car and started shouting out to him. "Harry!" I laughed. "Harry, hey!" He looked up and smile widely, pushing some of his curly hair out of the way. 

"Niall! What brings you back, done with your work so soon?" Harry played with his words as Naomi walked up to us, letting a dark car pass before she cross the parking lot. He didn't have to be secretive about what I did, everyone who worked for Zayn knew most of what was going on. Except John knew my age and Zayn recently found out.