Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Sarah's POV

I awoke to the most murderous noise a person could imagine. It sounded like thunder with a deadly ambition. I knew something wasn't right. I looked at my clock. 1:34 am.  I jumped at of my bed, heart pounding, I ran to my fathers study were i thought i heard the noise come from. Our house was quite large, even thought it was just me and my father now. 

I reached the study in a matter of seconds. Normally it would have taken me a good 5 minutes to walk there from my room. Before I went in I already knew something wasn't right. I went in and the first thing I saw was two men that I didn't know i recognized their faces but couldn't make a connection. Then i noticed they were both holding guns. Below them, my father laying life less on the floor. I didn't know whether to run to my father or run like a bat out of hell out of my house. Before I could blink the bigger of the two men grabbed me. I started to scream for help even though I knew in my heart no one could help me. My father, my savour was laying dead on the floor less than 15 feet away from where I was standing. The two men were yelling back and fourth.

"Who the hell is she!" The smaller of the two men was yelling at the other. I could tell from the way he spoke that he was in charge.

"I dunno boss." Looking back im thinking he was an idiot.

I knew i was fighting for my life. I kept screaming for my father. I knew he wouldn't answer me but i didn't know what else to do. I was fighting with all my might but the idiot didn't budge. It was as if i wasn't even there. 

"Well idiot, knock her out!" the boss ordered.

Next thing I knew I was lying on the floor of what seemed to be a boat. I was tied up and couldn't move my arms, legs, or even my hands. 

What was happening to me? Who were these men? And Why did they do this to me and my father? He was the only person in the world I had left. I didn't even go to school. I was home schooled. But I didn't mind. I didn't even have neighbors, we lived on 20 acers near the beach. Which I loved. The water was my life.

After about 20 minutes of me lying on the floor crying, I was picked up. 

"Well honey let me tell you something," the boss looked liked he belonged in an insane asylum. "I didn't know the old shit had a daughter, sorry it has to be like this. Throw her in."

Throw me what?

The cold water hit me like a thousand knifes. All I had on was the shorts and t shirt I had gone to bed in. It was the end of November in Washington. It was also about 3 weeks to my 16th birthday. I sank to the bottom of the deep waters of the pacific ocean. I realized i was tied to something very heavy at my feet. I couldn't move but I was trying. I thrashed around trying to get free of my binds. I had been under the water for about 2 minutes. I was starting to loose consciousness as all the oxygen i had left was being drained from my body.

Then I saw something swimming toward me. Great im gonna get eaten by something. Whatever it was saw swimming gracefully towards me. Things were starting to get dark. I saw what looked like a man. But he had a tail. Could it be a.... Then everything went dark. The last thing I saw was this thing coming towards me.